Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Few snaps from moz

stumog

Country Flag
england
Hope you like some of the photos i will post some more when i find the other good ones.
1.JPG
best veiw i have seen for a bit
2.JPG
my father in laws 80

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG
8.JPG
this was massive
9.JPG
the locals were going out shark fishing in these. no rods just tieing a line to there big toes. i later spent lots of time looking for people with toes missing but didnt find any. i saw them bring in 2mtr thresher sharks like this.
10.JPG
this lot were stupid they shot a boat off a trailer with out anybody on it, no rope, so they all swam after the boat doing front crawl with life jackets on???? then the pickup sank in the water. to get it out they were doing a snatch revery with the wire rope cable.

11.JPG

our campsite. this was 30km through a sugar plantation was amazing.

7.JPG
6.JPG

right so sorry its a bit crap but tis is my first report i have done I have only just learnt to resize photos and put on. this has taken me some time already today so i dont know how people spend the time to do it. hats off to you guys.

Stu

Amazing views Stu, where is it and did they retrieve the truck stuck on the beach?

John

They did get the pickup back was great to watch they really didn't know what they were doing.

The nearest town is called Marcia.
I wouldnt go back in a single vehicle.
We had lots of people trying to rip us off.
We had twin tanks and asked to be filled up. Guy in back with in 30 seconds asking for around £150 so when we looked at the pump he had put 1 litre in.
Had a copper with a AK point it at us as we had elbow on the open window???
Stu

Great pics Stu, thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

What a place Stu, shame there's always something to spoil paradise, be it thieves, or so-called police.

Thanks for the effort of posting, dozens of photos can be a PITA. :thumbup:

This is new for me clive i really dont know how people do the long trip reports of Bens thread.
I am useless with a computer so i expect you do get faster but posting one picture then going back through the files tp get the next took some doing.
Stu

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK, when you post a photo, the website automatically resizes them appropriately.

What I do is create a new folder and drag in (copy paste) all the photos I want to post.

If you want to re-order them, simply rename them 01. 02, 03 and so on, then upload them onto the post, leaving two empty rows between each photo.

I then, scroll back up to the top and insert text between the photos to suit.

After posting, you can always "edit" the post to correct any errors or add more photos, as you wish...

It still takes ages, but having a plan helps to speed it up.

You can either keep the folder of duplicate photos on the PC or you can delete it when you're finished posting.

Hope this helps. :thumbup:

This is new for me clive i really dont know how people do the long trip reports of Bens thread.
I am useless with a computer so i expect you do get faster but posting one picture then going back through the files tp get the next took some doing.
Stu

The last update on my thread took me over 5 hours! :crazy: :sleeping-sleep:

The last update on my thread took me over 5 hours! :crazy: :sleeping-sleep:

I'm not at all surprised Ben! I got quite quick at loading pics direct from my hard drive, but occasionally the site would throw a wobbly (that Cris couldn't fix, bless him) which made it a very frustrating experience. Even when all goes well, it's still a mammoth task.

Strangely therapeutic though, in a twisted sort of way.... :lol:

Here is some more for you

17.jpg

14.jpg
just a little over loaded

13.jpg
local take away the stuff they cooked was in the cages next to the stalls. nice
15.jpg
On the way to the campsite track as far as you can see.
16.jpg

17.jpg
18.jpg

this was Xai-Xai on the track to the abandoned hotel

19.jpg
cool bridge in the middle of a sugar plantation. as far as you can see is sugar cane.
20.jpg
Not so pretty part
21.jpg
Very poor area in maputo felt really bad for these guys

thanks Clive found it alot easier this time.

Stu

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 151
Pictures look good. I was over there in November drove up from Durban into Machangulo and the Maputo Elephant park in Mozam. Brilliant trip. A friend took me up who owns a surf safari company, we did it in a Pajero and offroad camping trailer.[h=1][/h]

some pics

Attachments

• DSCN0907[1].JPG
    DSCN0907[1].JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 142
  • DSCN0867[1].JPG
    DSCN0867[1].JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 137
  • DSCN0890[1].JPG
    DSCN0890[1].JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 144
  • DSCN0901[1].JPG
    DSCN0901[1].JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 141
  • DSCN0895[1].JPG
    DSCN0895[1].JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 135
  • DSCN0831[1].JPG
    DSCN0831[1].JPG
    3 MB · Views: 147
  • DSCN0883[1].JPG
    DSCN0883[1].JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 144
couple more

Attachments

• DSCN0875[1].JPG
    DSCN0875[1].JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 128
  • DSCN0886[1].JPG
    DSCN0886[1].JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 116
  • DSCN0869[1].JPG
    DSCN0869[1].JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 150
  • DSCN0756[1].JPG
    DSCN0756[1].JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 133
We drove alot of the coast and would have loved to taken a board with me. I only saw 1 car with a board on a roof and nobody surfing. I am not sure if i would get in as the size of the sharks out the back of the waves.Where do you surf in the uk? I am only in bristol so your close.Stu

Those guys standing by the stripped out LR, - are they smiling because they just spotted their new LC coming?

We drove alot of the coast and would have loved to taken a board with me. I only saw 1 car with a board on a roof and nobody surfing. I am not sure if i would get in as the size of the sharks out the back of the waves.Where do you surf in the uk? I am only in bristol so your close.Stu

Yeah just bit the bullet and hoped for the best. Luckily came back with all limbs. It was Humpback wale migration season as well whilst I was there so was pretty cool being in the water with them swimming past. I am in Exeter so tend to head over North Devon way though I normally find myself travelling all over the place when it gets good. Anytime you fancy it give me a shout. I am always up for getting in the water.

Those guys standing by the stripped out LR, - are they smiling because they just spotted their new LC coming?

Haha you never know though to be fair everyone in Mozam seemed really friendly and most accommodating. These chaps would only let me take a photo if I had a beer with them. Of course we obliged.

Moz is great we did a trip with my cousin a few years back in his 60 series. We did Xai Xai and Inhambane but I believe Beira is great too. Looks like you had a great time Stu. We swam with whale-sharks but must say I was sh!tting myself as the have plenty of tiger and zambezi (bull) sharks.

Back