Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Finding a 60 series that isn’t rotten

Looking at this the red one that sold the other week doesn’t seem that expensive?
Did it sell though? Looks like it’s still up at that price. It looked nice but the comments about the chassis corrosion that needed addressing put me off

Mgc , knowing what I know now after a long restoration of a really rotten body I would chose a chassis restoration over a body restoration any day , yes a bit of a more initial work getting the body off but then it’s fairly straightforward repair from then on rather than trying to find good panels it’s not that easy to find and the cost of panels are fairly steep , good luck with which ever way you go

I don't know if it would be wise to purchase Land Cruisers that are that cheap because sometimes the seller may be mistaken of whether it contains rust. But if you are running low on options, you could request an inspection for yourself and check for rust. The main places you want to look for rust is the wheel cavities, gutters on the roof, under the carpet on the floor paneling, bottom corner of the doors, and check to see if there is any sign of corrosion in under the under carriage. If it has any mild collision damage, you may want to ask the seller if they could lower the price. I hope that you find this information helpful and you buy your 60 series Land Cruiser. Good option by the way, the 60 series is claimed to be the ruler of off road driving

Back