Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

fitting a new clutch

24carrot

How all I just went to fit a new clutch in my 1993 hj81 4.2 12v inpote .when I order a clutch with the the cars details they sent me a 275mm clutch. witch is what is ment to be in a 1993 12 v .but mine he's got a 300 mm clutch in it witch is what they fitted to the 24v. now I know the guy I bought it off had it from it being inpoted and has not change the clutch. so has any one else known of them coming out off the factory like this?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

How all I just went to fit a new clutch in my 1993 hj81 4.2 12v inpote .when I order a clutch with the the cars details they sent me a 275mm clutch. witch is what is ment to be in a 1993 12 v .but mine he's got a 300 mm clutch in it witch is what they fitted to the 24v. now I know the guy I bought it off had it from it being inpoted and has not change the clutch. so has any one else known of them coming out off the factory like this?

Yes this is normal for Japanese manual import trucks, they were fitted with larger flywheel it hasn't been changed or added. Uk manual spec trucks are not the same until they go 24 valve.

thanks for that. so all hj81 are fitted with the 300 mm why is it all that's listed is the 275mm clutch even when you give the cars details

Karl Webster have you seen this

Hmmm Andy. First time I've heard this. Could be right but it wouldn't explain you ordering yours and it coming as the smaller one.

Im always learning even now. But will ask the question to customers with the import manuals to see if they have had te same thing.

Ok will be interesting to see your results. Mine fitted fine and B&B going in to day .thanks a gene for your help

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
As far as learning go's my Grandad would say if you learn something new every day one day you mite just know something LOL

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

I will never stop learning. I love absorbing info mate. Remembering it is the issue though.

Same here Karl, my internal hard drive has been full for some years now. [emoji53]

Back