Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fitting spots to a 90 series

Doodle

Garage
I'm fitting a set of front spots for night work (to be documented in my imminent garage thread) but wondering if I'm missing out on a solution.

There's no front A-bar fitted (and I don't really fancy fitting one), and until such time as a winch bumper and winch make an appearance the current plan has been to mount off the crossbar for the top bumper mountings, using some 5mm plate aluminium. I've used the existing mounting point for the bumper along with another one drilled next to it.

20120916_140641.jpg

This has come out nice and secure in itself, but there is a little movement of the complete setup because the crossbar only has a single bolt either side and can therefore flex a little. To cure that I was going to use a pair of spotlight braces up onto the front slam panel, just to add a little more stability to the lights.

The question being - have I missed a trick here on another, better mounting option?

No, you aren't missing something. This has been tried a few times and is a little tricky. I did see someone on here make a really great set of brackets. But just bolting through as you would on many other cars just isn't enough - so basically you are ploughing a new furrow there mate. Well done. More pics when you have it sorted.

Chris

Well, I did buy the spotlight stays (and will put up a pic accordingly), but due to some slightly over exuberant purchasing today, I shall shortly be needing a winch bumper :doh:

Back