Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Flat battery !

BIG clean GREEN

Garage
For the fourth time now my battery has ran flat, this time was because I'd left the interior lights on all day, shouldn't be enough for it to run flat though I wouldn't have thought, even when I start it in these low temps after leaving pre-heaters on for a few seconds longer, it starts first turn, so I'm going to wait till it's totally bu66ered before splashing out, the SL is my priority now not a dud battery ! :lol:

Nick.

ps pleased I bought my new 800a RAC jump leads !

Three trucks at mine at the min nick and neither would start the other day due to the cold killing the batteries. Just put two brand new ones on mux at a cost of 175 :thumbdown:
Starting tho :thumbup:
Interior lights do draw a bit of power tho and if your battery aint brill it wont help
karl

yup mine did exact same thing so bought new batterys from toyota at £140 which just happened to be the cheepest price out there :shock:

Firstly, swap your interior lights to the LED ones like mine. Very low draw and better illumination. Secondly, let's see if one of those lights left on alarms can be wired into to remind you. :think:

You only have the one battery on yours. But I find it difficult to believe that the IL flattened that. Have you tested the acid?

Chris

Not a cheap day out then Karl ! Me thinks when this weather clears up I'm gonna do a car boot sale and clear my loft of the wifes archieved crap and accumalate some reddies for the lift, I've also got a decent Honda gennie doing nothing in the garage which can go to decent home !

Nick

Chris I checked last time it ran flat and all was OK, will check again in morning when it's light, have you got the link for the bulbs you bought, and is the loom the same on 80's and 90's ?

Nick.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Generator you say???? Talk to me.

Loom? Yuv lost me r kid.

I didn't buy the LEDs the were a gift from someone that I HELPED A LOT. :lol: :lol:
They were going to give me a generator.

Loads on e-blag. No mystery on replacing them. Dunno what lamps are in the 90 from memory. Drop in and we'll have a look.

Chris

Talk to me after cris regarding the gennie nick if he daoesnt have it. Ye expensive do with my batteries but i want to try and get my truck reliable so i went for it.
yup mine did exact same thing so bought new batterys from toyota at £140 which just happened to be the cheepest price out there........
That was cheap from toyota was that for the two? What size were they etc etc

I bought the gennie off a mate for £150 a couple of years back for silverstone but only used it for charging everyones mobile phones and fridge, so now I've got a small unit which is ample for the needs ! By loom I meant bulb size :doh:

Nick.

Interested in the gennie, Nick if it's bigger than what I have now. You know me and gadgets.

There are two lamps at least Nick, they are usually called festoon bulbs. Many of the LED panels come with multiple adapters to fit several units. The map lights can be changed too. I have just ordered some for the 80.

C

I'll call down Chris with gennie and see what you think, either Thursday or Sun, My conservatory roof buckled under 2' of snow, I've got day light showing through a 5mm gap, so I've got the mesters coming Thursday morn to fix it (hopefully)

Nick.

karl wester said:
yup mine did exact same thing so bought new batterys from toyota at £140 which just happened to be the cheepest price out there........
That was cheap from toyota was that for the two? What size were they etc etc

yup two batterys one was £63.84 and one was £55.32 and the total was £140.01.

the engine spins over very fast now.

karl wester said:
That is cheap. Plus vat??? Mine are on a 80 series.

yes very cheap for main dealer i was shocked but very happy.
£140 is invoice total includeing the vat :thumbup:

Ive been stung!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never mind. There on now..
karl

Chris said:
You only have the one battery on yours. But I find it difficult to believe that the IL flattened that. Have you tested the acid?
Chris

I'm not surprised Chris, a couple of years ago my IL was left on overnight and it flattened the battery on my 90. It was never the same again and would go flat if the truck was left parked up for 4-5 days, whereas previously it would start first time even after a 3-4 week lay-up.

Also I've found that when it comes to batteries, Toyota are *very* competitive. The battery for my VZJ95 was only ~£55, AFAIR the one for SWMBO's 1.3 Yaris was only £2-3 cheaper. :shock:

Back