Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

fog light and drivers side memory window

Sid

Country Flag
great_britain
HI
have ran into a problem that is baffling me, was installing the wiring for the towbar but now my rear fog light doesn't work and drivers side window will not retain its memory. also my trc lights came up. any ideas what might be wrong? ive checked the fuses, fog light relay. kind regards

Hi Sid, are you installing the Toyota towbar wiring harness, or some other kit? 7 pin or 12 pin?

Does your fog light work OK on the towbar connector? (ie if you plug something into it)

Not sure what you mean about the window not retaining its memory?

everything was fine until whilst testing I shorted the fog light wiring. simultaneously rear the fog light stopped working, lights on the dash came up, the auto window close has stopped working, clock lights up but the time doesn't change and the remote central locking doesn't work. I've used a tester on the towbar wiring harness and it says fog lights don't work and the right indicator wiring is faulty. I've checked the fuse and relay for the fog lights with a voltage continuity tester and relay tester - all is ok so I'm thinking maybe the fog light switch is faulty? its a 7pin harness - required splicing wiring as a genuine harness wasn't available from the dealer.

Hi Sid, given the list of problems there I'd check all the fuses in both boxes before going much further, it sounds to me like the short has blown something unexpected. I'd try and get the other stuff (remote locking clock etc) working first, then look at the towbar issues. Have you got a towing relay installed?

Bit late now but roughtrax sell the genuine harness.

just thought would give you an update, the vehicle is a 120 series but has the wiring of the 95 series. the genuine harness does not have a relay, requires complete rewiring. this doesn't make sense as there's a connector in the boot to hook up harness for ease of installation. have replaced the fuse that was blown that fixed all issues. there's no advantage having the genuine harness.

Hi Sid,

Glad you got it sorted. My 120 genuine harness has a relay and uses the 12V connector in the boot to power it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Vehicle from new had incorrect wiring from factory. Its a 120 series with looms from the 95 series. Chassis number brings up wiring for 120 series.

Back