Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Food and recipes

24Seven

With limited fridge space and times when you cannot eat locally whats your favorite fast food meals using long life products, ideas will be appreciated :mrgreen:

These are my favorites.

Sainsbury's Chicken Tikka Masala 400g & Sainsbury's Peeled New Potatoes In Water 300g Cut the potatoes and mix in.

0000001139464_OHLF001_2_Spec2_v1_m56577569833691919.jpg
01450477_OMCM001_2_Spec2_v1_m56577569833693421.jpg

and

Sainsbury's Bacon Brunch With Onion 400g + 1/2 a tin of Celebrity Bacon Grill 300g chopped up and mixed in.

0000000404112_FifthDimension_140x140_v1_m56577569833145607.jpg
5770725000320_OTUL001_2_Spec2_v1_m56577569833512544.jpg

Good idea for a thread. I like the sound of that last one, I can't think of a sainsbury's local to me but fortunately we're having one built in town at the moment :D

My brother likes to surprise people when on off roading weekends by doing things like making an indian curry and rice from scratch, or an entire sunday roast for 3 cooked on a barrel style bbq... I don't think he'd last long on a bigger trip

Tin of tuna
Jar of Carbonara sauce
Pack of pasta.

Cook pasta, tip in sauce and tuna, stir up and serve.
If you dont eat it all you can keep it and eat cold the next day.

Jimbo4x4 said:
Good idea for a thread. I like the sound of that last one, I can't think of a sainsbury's local to me but fortunately we're having one built in town at the moment :D

Sainsburys is the only place I have seen the Bacon Brunch, but I only use Sainsburys in general because their web site is so easy to look around for ideas.

Other things I have taken in the past and will again.

Peperami, good for cooking with to make things taste better.
Sainsbury's Semi Skimmed UHT Milk 1L (got a screw top, so good for a couple of days if you have a fridge)
Peshwari Naan Bread
Nutella
Peanut Butter
Ryvita, Crackerbread.
Tuna
Paste

In the fridge

Strong Cheese (good for making things taste better)
Butter
Salad Cream
Things that have been opened and not finished
Milk
Coke

The tins of chopped onion are always handy for a stew.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Oh yes onions, always carry a can as cant carry the real thing. Some tomatoes too, mixed veg and kidney beans. Just add meat :cool:

Normally, if we are away a few days then it's to some offroad weekend or event and generally never more than 3 days. I don't really bother with long life stuff apart from UHT milk or maybe Beanfeast.

This is what i normally pack.

Day 1, Big tupperware pot of home made curry/chilli/stew and packs of boil in the bag rice.

Day 2, A frozen chicken stuck in a cool box with a couple of freezer packs is perfect to split and grill/BBQ by day 2. grilled pita bread (as it packs flat and doesn't really get squashed like a loaf or rolls). Onion, Carrot, gabbage, mayo and a grater to make fresh coleslaw.

Day 3, Always tricky as any meat or cheese that has been in the car and out of a fridge is starting to get suspect so day 3 is normally apples, bananas, peanuts and chocolate.

By day 3 i've normally had a couple of nights on the guinness so peanuts and fruit isn't always a good idea but it works for me.

Day 1 Pot Noodle
Day 2 Pot Noodle
Day 3 Pot Noodle

I also always carry a spare Pot Noodle as well just in case I'm out for longer than I expected. Although once I had a major disaster. I forgot my FORK!

Chris :mrgreen:

Battered and Blue said:
Day 1 Pot Noodle
Day 2 Pot Noodle
Day 3 Pot Noodle

I also always carry a spare Pot Noodle as well just in case I'm out for longer than I expected. Although once I had a major disaster. I forgot my FORK!

Chris :mrgreen:

LMFAO!!! Thanks for your contribution Mr Ray Mears ;-)

Pussers issue ration packs are the only way to go.

Taste like c**p but they are free and filling :p

Ecky Thump said:
Pussers issue ration packs are the only way to go.

Taste like c**p but they are free and filling :p

Free??? Ah, navy stores?? ;-)

Back