Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

For the BFG AT lovers out there........

Interestingly, the new KM2 tyres have lost the 'rim protector' band from the original KM series - something of a retrograde step but one which may save BFG maybe 0.5 cents per tyre in manufacturing costs (tooling & materials), so it stacks up for them. :icon-cry:

Only noticed it as I have KM on rear & KM2 on front of mine.

Further to my enquiries as to when these AT KO2's would be available My bro in Canada enquired for me and it went to the top.
This is the reply he got:-

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, May 8, 2014 at 8:49 AM
Subject: Kal Tire - BFG All Terrain T/A KO2
To: [email protected]

Hi Darren,

Sorry, bad news.

I contacted Michelin who is the parent company of BFG where I can check stock for all their brands, they knew nothing about the release date so they put me in contact with a BF Goodrich rep. The rep said there is no ETA for this tire. No part #’s, no list of sizes.

He said it was shown at SEMA this year and its similar to the release of a new car prototype or concept. They show it and takes a few more years to get released.

It could be 2015, 2016, 2020 etc. I Googled the tire and there seems to be quite a buzz on truck forums. That is a good sign, it could push up the release date if there is a big interest.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if we can be of further assistance.

Neal K.
Web Store CSR
Kal Tire… True Service

If you would like to chat live with a Kal Tire Team Member you can click the link below…

Or by phone at 1-877-KAL-TIRE (525-8473)
Our Kal Tire Team Members are here to help you:
Monday – Friday
8am – 5pm PST

This now puts me in the position of having to buy 2 of the existing design to match 2 new ones I already have, if I had an Idea if an availability date I could then plot my course of action and perhaps wait. I know what will happen, 1 week after I fit a set of the old style tyres the new ones will be announced. Anyhow I will have to do something.

Andy

I just don't get the point of that. Concept cars showcase new/future technology, design flair, engineering expertise that usually isn't quite ready for production yet, or is not production viable.

But nobody cares about consumables enough for vapourware to make a difference, and I'm not seeing anything so radical there that would delay being put on sale.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
it take a very long time to get tyres into production as there is lots of testing to be done and then a very long time getting all the moulds and production line for each size set up.

I used to work at Avon tyres in the development labs where you would have 20 different batches to very each different raw materal. just for starters.

Stu

I understand how long it takes to develop, but if they've got as far as public showcase and demos you'd have thought they'd have a better idea of when they're likely to hit production.

The probably have large stocks of the old pattern AT they want to get down before they wheel out the new one.

There's just something so "right" about BFG AT's on an 80, especially 285's.
IMG_0768_zpseaa22f3d.jpg

Andy

Just as it happens, I've only got those 2. I'm after 2 more as I can't wait around for these new ones to come on to the market. Best price I've been quoted locally is £140+Vat = £168 supply only. Does anyone know where I can better this price?
Help appreciated

Andy

Back