Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

'For Your Viewing Pleasure' -- Suggestions for Hidden YouTube Gems?

Watching the Landcruiser v Range Rover off road battle I couldn't help thinking their 25 year old equivalents would have had the camera man saying would you please find me something worth filming .

Am i supposed to be amazed and impressed that a computer drives the car for you or something :sleeping-sleep:

Agreed Shayne - and "off road battle" is a bit misleading too - most 80s/90s era 4x4s would have managed quite happily - hell, be interesting to see a Panda 4x4 have a go...

Landcruiser v Range Rover off road battle
I didn't get it. Both the cars did all the obstacles. One thing I could get from it is the lack of rear diff lockers on 200. Without this locker too both tackled all the obstacles so why we need it. I checked and many have had them as aftermarket mod. Surfy's 200 from this forum is one such example of triple locked one.

Why would you want to take a £130k car off road anyway? LC200 is bad enough!

LR prices are crazy, new defender 130 £85k. Imagine scratching that the first time you take it off the tarmac

Gets interesting at 5 minutes in a wherefore art thou computer kind of way .

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
To make up for me posting a Land Rover video yesterday here is a 1984 documentary of travelling around Arnhem Land, Northern Territory in a sex-on-a-stick 40 series.

Reactions: Raj
If you don't have time for that you can try this music video from 1987 featuring a sweet 40 series ute.

Most of you guys have probably seen the 4WD 24/7 crowd, but this vid is definitely worth a watch - especially from 56 mins onwards. Enjoy!

Java overland TV on dub yub tube showing 2022 MERATUS EXPEDITION mostly 70 80 FJs and a few TATA type versions of a 4x4 some 70 type 6x6s and a few ISUZUs to level the playing field got some good driving loads of winching through the jungle I'm just about to start no 5 and all episodes around the 35 min mark most seem to be sucking on 15 fags a day so don't watch if you want to give em up

Back