Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Forum paraphernalia

Guys, you will be running around forever trying to decide on what name/logo to have.

Someone needs to say this is what it is going to be... yes the content is coming along but, without an identity you can not move forward with the marketing.

It is fine saying everyone is equal here but, someone needs to be more equal than others
thumb.gif

I have seen so many clubs fail due to internal squabbling... lets not make this another one
doh.gif

Bat21 said:
Guys, you will be running around forever trying to decide on what name/logo to have.

Someone needs to say this is what it is going to be... yes the content is coming along but, without an identity you can not move forward with the marketing.

It is fine saying everyone is equal here but, someone needs to be more equal than others
thumb.gif

I have seen so many clubs fail due to internal squabbling... lets not make this another one
doh.gif

Agreed up to a point, yes the name needs to be decided and quickly IMO, but I don't think there is squabbling unless asking a basic questions of intent counts as such?
doh.gif
:mrgreen:

Jon Wildsmith said:
adrianr said:
ELCO - The Landcruiser Club

I like that as well, very good.

Agreed. (And on points further down the thread)
Thanks AdrianR for the idea. :)

Shall we make it so then. (Is Julian V lurking?)

Logo:
Anyone want to have a stab at it now that there is a happy name?
Some pointers: These colours, blue etc, are just what was already setup. Anyone having a go at making a logo does not need to stick to it.
To Julian Voelcker's point, the logo needs to work on other media as well. I'll be honest, I don't know how to translate that :oops: I guess for printing on cups, magazines, web etc.

Stickers: The URL http://www.landcruiserclub.net or LandcruiserClub.net works by itself as a sticker(?) but ideas open.

Landcruiser Club about says it all, but shouldn't it be LandCruiser Club. We did have this debate over on the dark side some long while ago. Then we'd be LCC which is easy to remember. European LandCruiser Club would give us ELCC which would be a nod to the origins of ELCO

Was looking on the other place this morning and there is a new member who said 'found this place by googliing' Didn't find us then. I tried 'googling too' and didn't get to us either. Everything just took me to SimonLand.

Chris

A pleasure.

For the logo, I know a very talented designer I can have a word with if you wish. His speciality is 3d graphic modelling and he is one of the best in the land.

If you decide to develop some more marketing, for what it's worth, our personal experience has been: personal referral is the most powerful; then PR, especially when combined with powerful 3rd party endorsements; then joint ventures; host - beneficiary relationships; and endorsed mailouts using other peoples' lists and clients. There are many other processes and procedures but these always get the largest results, quickly and give the most bang for your buck, so to speak.

A collection of quotes from members would assist. If you decide on that route perhaps starting a fresh thread asking for contribution? And if you do go that way I would be happy for you to use this from me:

- The ethos of the site and the team behind it have created a pleasant place where one is made to feel immediately welcome, that it is worthwhile to contribute, to engage with everyone to help create a rich resource of information, technical reports and almost real time support for the benefit of all. If you have a Landcruiser, or you are thinking about one, this is the place -

Anyway, best of luck, and thanks again for the way you guys pull it together.

And to think, I only started this thread because I want a sticker or two and some flyers to carry around.

Whether it's ELCOc, ELCC, ELCO - The Landcruiser Club, or anything else for that matter, I really don't mind.
I just want to show that I belong to a fantastic group of like minded individuals who are willing to help each other as well as others when it comes down to the world of Cruisers.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
adrianr said:
ELCO - The Landcruiser Club

I have not posted in this thread yet. I do not care what the name is called as I am a member of about 20 4x4/Lr/LC forums!! But that one seems a bit long winded to me. No I do not know a better one, but remember when the stickers are printed out you need some some thing short and to the point. Too long and people will forget all/some of it before they get to type it in on a search engine!

Paul

Thanks Adrian - I'll have a chat with you about it. Need to speak to Julian as he also has someone looking into it.

Paul_H: You have a point but it's not as bad really. The URL is the simplest thing to remember. No abbreviations, unpronounceable "words" no anything. Just what it is. Land Cruiser club. For many obvious reasons, ELCO should not vanish. It is a well known name. However, Land Cruiser Club is new an fresh but also merged with ELCO. It's an attempt and keeping it all?

Chris: That is something we cannot do anything about right now. It is a waiting game for the search engines. There's a fair amount of new traffic coming to use considering it is as old as it is and now with the inclusion of the ELCO history posts, this should improve. As for getting the rankings higher on search engines - it's about content, links into use (i.e. mud toys, Bat21's site, ebay etc etc) which all start helping. TLOCUK has been around for some time and has lots of people referring to it because of the great articles, help and advice on there. With time, we will build that up (done bloody well so far!) and things will start improving.

CP

Battered and Blue said:
Landcruiser Club about says it all, but shouldn't it be LandCruiser Club. We did have this debate over on the dark side some long while ago. Then we'd be LCC which is easy to remember. European LandCruiser Club would give us ELCC which would be a nod to the origins of ELCO

Was looking on the other place this morning and there is a new member who said 'found this place by googliing' Didn't find us then. I tried 'googling too' and didn't get to us either. Everything just took me to SimonLand.

Chris
I did the 'google' and it came up at top of the page.

Graham

Dont forget to get the website address in those youtube vids, that should help with google results.

And dont forget about the surfing frog for the logo ;)

ah yes, Paul's surfing frog...
One of the deeper puddles we went through had a resident frog. Paul's (I think it was his? :oops: ) idea was to have a frog surfing the bow-wave of a wading 80.

Who is any takers?

Okay guys, thread resurection time again :D

Going back to my first post on this thread

Quote: At the 4x4 show, Chris and I were chatting that it would have been nice to have some flyers or business cards as there were loads of Cruisers in the car park. I would happily have gone round sticking them under wipers to try and promote the club more and I'm sure we have all spotted Cruisers now and again that we could have done something about. Unquote:

Is there any plans yet for a business card or flyer :?: A few of us chat about this now and again but nothing ever comes of it. I don't have a clue about these sort of things so can't do anything. The club sticker is excellent but a handful of cards in the car would be even better.

I've been on a number of forums.
Located here in Belgium obviously Belgium4x4, pointed three forum discussing the merc G, IH8MUD, ATVfrontier, viermalvier.de and a few others.

I really like the fact, that although most visitors of this forum come from the UK, Scotland and Ireland. That in fact you guys have the European badge and do in fact trip around Europe and some further afield.

Back