Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Forums opinion

Just about due the next service so you might want to see if they'll do that? Surprised there aren't more interior photos for a 'stunning' example, what there are don't show you much. Probably has the usual rust problems but if not it's interesting at that price?

Want me to do another recce?? I would be more than happy to do one and send you pics this time. :thumbup:

Only of you going that way again that would be great.

Things I would generaly look at if inspecting a 100 series but certainly dont expect you to do any of it bar cast your eye over it.

• General condition
• Body panel spacing’s to rule out cut and shut or accident
• Overspray on any plastic trim or window rubbers
• Stone chips on bonnet or above windscreen
• Rust on rear tailgate normally around underside top section by number plate lights and opening handle as well as inside wheel arches and top of windscreen around rubbers.
• Leaks on diffs, transfer box, cv joints or steering rack
• General engine leakage of any kind and its condition in the engine bay.
• General chassis and body condition under the car paying attention to the spare wheel area and rear wings as well as up the sides under the side steps.
• Making sure it has Toyota glass all round and if not inspect around rubbers to ensure a good job has been done fitting new glass.
• Colour and condition of oil in engine and looking in oil filler cap for “mustard”
• Not fussed about AHC as it will be replaced but if a fault can be found I could use t to bring the price down like wise not fussed about front or rear bumper and fog lights as they will be replaced by steel bullbars and spare wheel carrier.
• General interior inspection.
• Make sure AC works and if possible inspect lines to look for corrosion or joins.
• Make sure sunroof opens and closes along with all windows and that they are not overly slow or sticking.
• Lift rear plastic flap in boot that bridges the gap to the bottom tailgate section to look for rust and make sure there has been to rear end shunt as there is a metal plate running along the rear under the plastic bumper and this gets pushed against the body and can cause damage. Not noticeable by looking at the bumper as this could have been replaced and the metal stem not pulled back.
• Whilst under the car inspect drive shafts for play
• If driven make sure rear and centeral diff locks engage and disengage and that she goes into Low range along with the usual checks whilst driving
• Make sure satnav touch screen works as this is very expensive to replace.

Hi Warren

Your list reveals your high standards like mine. That's why I took 2 years to find my 100. I talked to the prvious owner who confirmed no body damage and motorway mileage only. It was from a main agent. It cost me 25K just over 1 year ago and has 63K on the clock. Since then I've only done about 800 miles and may sell it but need it on AUG 4th for daughters wedding. So if you are up this way or want to come anyway pm me.. It has had 5 new tyres and a Toy' rear dif locker. It has all Toy' glass and all original bar code stickers on the panels. It has original batteries confirming the Mway mileage claim.

I notice over the past few months none have appeared on the used car Toy' website so perhaps good ones are even more difficult to find.

Cheers
Frank

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have printed out your check list and I will be happy to go up there sometime over the weekend or next week. It all depends on when Mr Ellis can meet me with keys.

I will take a camera and take photos of any suspect areas or blemishes. :thumbup:

Mr Ellis said to call on 07971117555 if and when you pop round and he will make sure he is there with the keys

Nice one Warren. I will give him a call the morn :thumbup:

Back