Foxwing brackets with a twist

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
england
Bit boring really but it's been a bit quiet on the mod front so here's some details of some Fox Wing mounting brackets I made a few weeks ago. They let me lie the Fox Wing down a bit more out of the way when I'm squeezing down some of the more overgrown lanes where it would be a bit vulnerable to damage in the normal mounting position. Its own weight and the geometry of the pivot arrangement mean it stays in either position without having to come up with a way of latching it. Worked great when we went camping in Wales.

Image0299.jpg

Image0300.jpg

Image0301.jpg

Image0302.jpg

Image0303.jpg

Image0304.jpg

Very nice Jon - good idea :thumbup:

I was thinking about one of these swing out awnings after our summer hols...

Very tidy Jon. I also like the idea of using the waffles as decking. I could on the last vehicle but on GW there is the tent to contend with.

Chris

The waffles are slightly below the roof bars so that when there's stuff on the rack they can still be pulled out the side without unloading the roof. I did that for when the Maggiolina was on there so I'd still have access to the waffles. There are two sections of tube that can be removed on the drivers side to get access and slide them out. I've thought about putting a deck on but TBH I don't have a lot of use for one at the moment and as you say the waffles can do double duty if need be.

I can just see the patent app now - an offset hinge thingy for a Fox Wing, that should do it :lol: I'll settle for having prior art if someone else tries to patent it :mrgreen:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back