Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Freedom 4x4 reboot

Trevor

Country Flag
england
Update:-

Freedom 4x4 is returning as of January 2018.

Since closing the Company in 2017 I have secured a smaller unit space to work from. I will be running Freedom 4x4 as a sole trader and operating only at weekends which will fit around home commitments.

You can pre book weekend appointments by emailing me on [email protected] and we can discuss what work you are looking to be done.

I'm looking forward to being back in operation again.

Thanks

Trevor

Announcement from March 2017

Sadly we have to announce we have decided to close our doors. Despite being busy, simply put, our out's are more than our in's and cannot fund the extra time needed to get to where we needed to be.

Like anyone who starts a new enterprise, we went in to succeed but always knew there was an element of risk and the unknown. The last 2 years have been a very happy and exciting time for us, doing something we really loved and enjoying the challenges that we faced.

To everyone that brought their vehicles to us, those who supported us and those who helped us in all sorts of ways......we want to say Thank You so much as it was all of you who helped to make our short journey as happy as it was.

It is going to take a little while to wind everything down and exit from the business but more than happy to take a call if we can give any advice, after all we haven't stopped loving LandCruisers.

Last edited:
Sorry to here that guys.

I know you both always went the extra mile for customers.

Good luck

Sorry to hear that Trevor.

Good luck with the future for both 9g you

Stu

Gutted for you Trev. As you say it was always a risk, but at least you gave it a damn good go.

Really really sorry to hear that Trevor, I'm absolutely gutted for you and Ed.

Like others, I know that you certainly went the extra mile(s) for me, literally and metaphorically!!

I have no doubt that you both will be writing the next chapter of your stories in no time - as you both have such a positive and can-do attitude.

Wishing you both all the very best.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

P.S I hope it wasn't the mail I sent you yesterday that tipped the balance? I know my jobs have a tendency to be a nightmare but this is a bit extreme. :icon-wink:

Trevor, Ed, there has to be another way. I do know what you mean but there is, totally, a gap in the market for you guys. I've not heard a soul say anything but great things about you.

So,
Put your prices up. I don't think there's anyone here that wants to see your business fold. It's tempting to think that people won't stand the extra cost but it's how you handle it that is key. It's so easy to let things run away but your customers are realistic.

Though I've not met you aside from briefly at lincombe, it's clear you have a passion for what you do…so go on, work out what you need to survive and price yourselves accordingly. It's so easy to under value yourselves. Look at the figures again, ok!

People need quality workmanship from quality people at the right price not a cheap price.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Very sorry to hear this. Thank you very much for all the things you guys have done for me these last few years. And I wish you all the best in your next adventure.

Sadly we have to announce we have decided to close our doors. Despite being busy, simply put, our out's are more than our in's and cannot fund the extra time needed to get to where we needed to be.

Like anyone who starts a new enterprise, we went in to succeed but always knew there was an element of risk and the unknown. The last 2 years have been a very happy and exciting time for us, doing something we really loved and enjoying the challenges that we faced.

To everyone that brought their vehicles to us, those who supported us and those who helped us in all sorts of ways......we want to say Thank You so much as it was all of you who helped to make our short journey as happy as it was.

It is going to take a little while to wind everything down and exit from the business but more than happy to take a call if we can give any advice, after all we haven't stopped loving LandCruisers.

Damn! I am very sad to hear this news. I am sure you both thought hard before making this decision but perhaps you have underestimated the groundswell of support for you? I wish you both the best of luck for the future.

Trevor, Ed, I thought that may be on the cards. I am desperately sorry to hear that and I think it will be a great loss to the community. And I still want an 80 buzzwelding!

All the very best

CJ

Sorry to hear the news. Wish you all the best with your next ventures.

what a shame. Always sad to lose good people - as has been said, increase prices may help?

Damn i'm sure its harder to shut shop than start up .

Only you guys know if its the right thing to do but let me say the first two years of setting up my business was horrendous and almost doubled my predicted outlay . But then things fell into place , the headaches never went away and often times i had to look at the balance sheets to convince myself i am still going forward even if it didn't seem possible . The past 6 months has been a nightmare and i can only limp on because a keen look at the previous years lends a crutch .

Incidentally as far as i'm aware there is nobody in the UK that will sell you a 5 grandish modified 4x4 with a warranty so perhaps there is money to be made as a middleman ?

Hi Trevor and Ed very sorry to hear that a sad day for you hope all go's Will from Tony.

Hello Trevor. I never had the pleasure of visiting your shop, but news like this is always sad. I do hope that whatever happens, things work out well for you all. Simon

Really sorry to here it guys... your reputations will follow you wherever and whatever you choose to do next..as, I am sure, will many of the cruiser folk in your neighbourhood.... I know I certainly will!

I've never met you guys, but from your posts and everyones posts about you, your shop is going to leave a big hole in the trusted service sector.

Think again and if you already have then think again, again. The advice given on this has good value.

Sorry for your decision.

That's bad news Trev, you have a huge set up there have you considered setting up on a slightly smaller scale, the overheads at your current location must be very high. It will be a great shame if you disappear from the scene, my visits to you have always been great, apart from that awful tea, you could paint the walls with it, will be sorry to see you go, all the best in your next venture mate, I'm sure there will be one.

So, put up prices, make better tea and sublet part of your premises???

Back