Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Frickley 4x4 centre ?

michael

Hello, has anybody been to the frickley site Nr doncaster
Is it any good for a newbie like me with a standard 95 with at`s on ?
Is it worth the £25 entrance fee ?.www.frickley4x4.co.uk

Mick

I don't know the centre but in my experience, just go for it. You can do what bits you want to do and there is always someone who wants to show off their winching prowess if you get stuck.
Most sites have easy to bloody difficult routes so just choose carefully and take it easy.

Make sure you have towing eyes front and rear before you commit. Pulling you out of a hole by your axle could be very dirty and might break something.

I will contradict what the others say don't bother its a car killer, spend the extra and go the extra 30 miles to Kirton Off Road Centre (KORC), the site is an old pit tip and kills brakes and bearings quickly. I live less than 10 miles from it and I wouldnt go now I have sold my SJ. I used to do a set of front pads every 2 visits, prop uj's galore, wheels bearings, alternator and starter about every 3 visits

Frickley may be cheap but it will cost you a fortune in the following few weeks to attending, also be ready for the chavs in SJ's and Defenders

I have seen it in the flesh many times, it used to be ok until it got established but then as I say....... forget it

for those that havent take a look here http://www.doric4x4.co.uk/

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Did you have a look at that Micra on the second lot of photos :shock:

Thats looks a muddy little spot...

Gav Peter said:
Did you have a look at that Micra on the second lot of photos :shock:

Thats looks a muddy little spot...

its a shile of pite

What I did see was the Frickley girls modelling on the bonnet of a 90, Rusty Rover 90 that is

This is me playing in my mates KA

Picture001.jpg

Picture054.jpg

Attachments

• Picture001.jpg
    Picture001.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 150
  • Picture054.jpg
    Picture054.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 558
That korc site looks like a good place and not too far from us next one is the end of the month I might give it a go if I can sort it out,

KORC is spot on, something for everyone it just isnt cheap

J66P said:
its a shile of pite
Which was kinda what I was hinting at... Well done for picking up on that :lol: :lol:

That Ka, was/is that the one from TOR a while back? Did your buddy build or buy it? Looks fun :cool:

yep that is the one, he built it and soon will be building another, bigger and better :mrgreen:

Heading way OT in that case :roll: has he done a build thread anywhere? Or do you know what its all based on?

yep he never does things by half

Its a Fourtrack Chassis, engine and gearbox, engine and gearbox lowered and moved further back to aid centre of gravity. Shogun rear axle with locker, 70 series front axle, landrover springs, shocks and radius arms, everything else is just about homebrew. Front and rear winches, there was a write up in TOR a while back

Back