Julian

Just some random pics, to smooth the afternoon along
Helping out
IMG_2406.jpg

IMG_2697.jpg

morroco469.jpg

IMG_3951.jpg

Very nice.

You should photo shop your 100 out, put the camel in it's place with the strap attached :)

Yes, camels are useful.
When putting a new repeater on top of Mt St Catherine in the Sinai, around 1995, we planned for the use of helicopter. Then one of the local techs came up with the idea....
So, instead of a 10,000 $ heli-lift, it was a 600 $ camel trip.
Mast sections on one, repeater station on another, and then the solar power station. Backpacks on and start walking. Great trip if you start early, like 4 am.
And yes, LC-80 up to the foot. The steps & paths were too steep and narrow though.

Bon week-end

Now that sounds like a fun days work :) What was the repeater for? Can't think of any ham clubs that would spend that on a repeater :mrgreen:

Nice pic Jon, is that the same place as your pic of the 100 doing the same sort of thing but in the dry?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes, it is dry unless there's been quite a lot of rain and then you wonder why it's called the water fall :)

Is it called the BOMB hole as well ?

I remember a 110 with its ass end well and truly stuck in took a LC to snatch it out. We left the step and tow ball off the 110 there. heheheheheheh

I think that is another one of its names Mal.

Crispin said:
Now that sounds like a fun days work :) What was the repeater for? Can't think of any ham clubs that would spend that on a repeater :mrgreen:
That was for the UN Observer Group Egypt, monitoring the Israel-Egypt peace treaty agreed at Camp David in -78.
Now, I must say that I didn't go on this trip, had to stay in the HQ, but the guys who went had a great time.
137999.jpg

This one actually is a 4x4.

We always knew that :lol: :lol:

2.jpg

Chas

Back