Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front drivers window detached from motor

devonnick

Sorry everyone!!!

I'm just been on here getting advice on a 'potentially' failed turbo and I'm back!

Yesterday I filled my 60L on board water tank with a steriliser. I've just been out to drain it and rinse it and, when turning the vehicle around 180 degrees to drain it, found that my drivers window has become detached from the motor. The motor is fine and if I lower or raise it then it then it 'whirrs', but I have to push the glass down manually until it 'hits' the stop point after lowering the window. If I do this and then raise it, it comes up as normal. So the window motor works but the glass has come away. Is there a way of 'bonding' the glass back into the window motor channel?? I hope this makes sense!

happened to me but my mechanic that found the issue said he just glued it back in. That was a few months ago and seems fine since. Will open it open later as checking all my window motors
Don't know what kind of glue he used but said it wasn't uncommon on other cars

You really have to take the door card off to see exactly what has become detached. Yes the glass could have become unglued, the channel securing bolts might have dropped out. the pinion gear might have stripped, the quad teeth might be missing - there's quite a few failure modes.

To glue it, I'd use windscreen sealant.

Thanks thelal and Chris. I'll have a look tomorrow and have one of those tools that prises away the door card without buggering the clips. My bet is unglued but that is only because I want the easiest solution!!!

You don't really want something that's a rigid bond.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
tiger seal is a excellent flexible adhesive/sealant.

Yep, or that. But get it on something you don't want and you'll never shift it.

Back