Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

front halfshaft

Rob

Garage
will a halfshaft from any 80 fit my 97 24 valve HDJ80? including the early ones with smaller brakes and imports?

front or rear?

rear depends on whether its fully floating or not. front imports with larger brakes are fine, not sure about smaller.

CV joints changed in about 94- you need different drive flanges!

You checked part numbers on ToyoDIY, Rob? See what the half shaft number for say a '91 Jap model is versus yours.
I would think they'd be the same but I'm sure you'd like more certainty than that ;)

Cheers,

Sorry forgot to mention, its for front.

Will check on toyodiy but different part numbers don't necessarily mean different parts.

Rob said:
Will check on toyodiy but different part numbers don't necessarily mean different parts.
Agreed but if the numbers are the same, then you can reasonably assume that the parts are the same too :idea:

Yeah they all have the same part number 43412-60070, even petrols

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
reasonably you'd expect them all to be the same- the diffs and axle casings are definitely interchangeable (gearing excepted), so lengths and splines are hte only limiting factor. Whilst Yota certainly copied LR in some respects they certainly didn't copy Lrs desperation in changing the transmission- Classic Rangerovers have at least 4 different axles!

Back