Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front prop bolts.

stumog

Country Flag
england
So need some help here. My front prop bolts are looking past there best and don't really want to refit them.

So the question is what do people do when they have a spacer fitted to the flange?

They measure m10x1.25 and 45mm long 14mm head. Has anyone found a supplier for small head bolts or has anyone fitted cap heads in place

Never come across having a spacer fitted to the flange. Is it a custom prop?

Good question Jon

For me it does look like the one on my old 80 as I am 80% sure the slider area is different.

I have seen spacers on props before on big lifts.
20230717_104046.jpg
20230717_104032.jpg

Is it a custom prop?

It looks like the prop Chris had made at Propshaft Technology in Rotherham. I think the spacer Stu is talking about Chris made to allow the Prop to extend on full droop and not get to the full extension.

Interesting. I've never had the problem of the prop being too short for full droop / articulation and have plenty of it. I've never measured it, but I don't think it has to extend a lot with the axle moving in an arc, just the pivot point is off a bit.

I just can't imagine Chris would have gone to the bother of making such a nice spacer if it wasn't needed. The bolts actually look like the ones that hold the rear seats in

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The seat bolts are shorter. The spacer is aluminium with a plastic center.
20230717_113133.jpg
20230717_113125.jpg
20230717_112922.jpg

Is this the truck Chris put drop boxes on the chassis mount points for the control arms? Thinking maybe the axle is moved forwards which is a common thing to aim for on bigger lifts to regain wheelbase, and make room for larger tyres. That would make more sense as a reason for the spacer. Doesn't help sourcing bolts though ... not near my collection of oem bolts to look for you Stu, but will be towards the end of the week.

Yep I think possibly that would be his thinking Jon.

If you let me know the size and length of the bolts Stu I'll have a look as well as I'm only 10m away from my stock.

Back