Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front Tyre Wear

frank rabbets

Guru
The tracking on the 100 series needs regular checking especially after new bushes have done a few months. As the rubber bushes deform the tracking alters. I suspect they deform fairly quickly then stabilise. The tracking on the 80 series is more stable as their are no rubber bushes that would affect the tracking.

I notice that the front tyres on my 100 have scrubbed their insides very slightly. Before I took delivery I told Jemca Croydon to check and adjust the tracking. On checking the tracking I find that someone has had a go as there are pipe wrench marks on the locknuts and the wheels are toeing out. Not only did they not have the right sized spanner but they also could not do a very basic operation.

Frank

In my experience tyre firms who adjust tracking are not overly rigorous. I thought I read some time back that camber and castor should be adjusted with tracking each time.

Tha camber and castor do also alter as the bushes bed in but they do not affect tyre wear if they are out by a small amount. If set by the factory properly they should be OK for a very long time in fact until the bushes need replacing.

Frank

Back