Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fuel gauge KZJ78 and central locking

graysworld

Not major problems... but My fuel gauge reads high or full when I get in the car! I.E it is not on empty. Then as I am driving it slowly lowers to the correct level! Very strange behaviour. Does anyone know of a solution? Surely this is not normal?

Also is it normal for the central locking to only work from the drivers door lock?

Graeme

My Cruiser is the same age and central locking is operated from the driver's door only, like yours. All other doors are individually locked.

The fuel gauge stays at the position it was in when the ignition was last turned off and comes live when it is turned on again. It is very heavily damped and takes quite a few minutes to move up to the top when the tank has been filled. Maybe starting from the full position is a JDM thing? When your tank is near empty what does the gauge do when you turn the ignition off? Does it slowly rise to the top afterwards or does is do that when you turn it on, before slowly returning to the right reading?

Attachments

• Door Lock.jpg
    Door Lock.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Fuel Gauge.jpg
    Fuel Gauge.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 33
Thanks for the reply. When the tank is empty and I turn the ignition off, the gauge slowly rises to about 3/4 full... so when I restart lets say the next morning it takes a while for the gauge to drop back to the correct level.

Graeme

Surely this is not normal?
You said it! That sounds completely weird to me. Mine is standard UK spec as per the user guide. At least the gauge is working OK, so there's something to be thankful for. Presumably this is a strange quirk of JDM vehicles. But why? Maybe someone else with an import can add their two pence worth.

Back