Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fuel gauge stopped working

Seamus

Hi does anybody know where the fuel gauge is fead from is was working fine I swapped the tank because mine was rotten and now it's not working, I have changed the tank sender unit but still nothing. Also can't find fuse.

thanks.

mike

Hi Mike, it's the original tank that was on my 60. I used the tank that was with the 2nd 60 body I got. But the electrics were shot on the 1st body, so had never seen any life form the fuel gauge.

Did you fit the original one that belongs to your truck?

Hope this helps...

Iwan

Hi Iwan, thanks for the up date I tried putting a earth from the body to the sender in case all the pain insulated it from the earth and when that didn't work I swapped the sender for the one I know worked in the old tank and still nothing. I will have to keep looking.

When are you going to start taking orders for bumpers?

Mike.

Hi Iwan, thanks for the up date I tried putting a earth from the body to the sender in case all the pain insulated it from the earth and when that didn't work I swapped the sender for the one I know worked in the old tank and still nothing. I will have to keep looking.

When are you going to start taking orders for bumpers?

Mike.

Maybe the connection between the wire and the spade connector has degraded by oxidation possibly. Difficult to know man.....:think: But if its only happened after disconnection then it has to be close to there.

Just waiting to get the patent through on the bumper! Before mass production happens! :icon-biggrin:

Back