Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fuel Iight

Brian S

Country Flag
england
Anyone know, when the fuel light come's on, "roughly" how many miles are left in the tank
Don't wish to find out the hard way:coldsweat:

Colorado 95 with 1kd engine 161bhp

I can't say for the 90 series but my 80 can do at least 20 miles with the light on, ask me how I know.

"Chas, how do you know you only have 20 miles left in the tank when the light comes on" :D

No worries for 20 miles with the fuel light on in the 1kz and the 1kd has the same tank and better fuel consumption .

I went considerably beyond 20 miles once when i left it too late to get in lane for the service station exit but it was not a nice experience even if there were no consequences .

I've often left work on the orange and safely landed in the petrol station nearest my house which is 34 miles start to finish. I also got 43 miles on the light in Northern France after finding it difficult to locate an open station at 2 a.m... I felt that was pushing it

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My manual says the reserve fuel, (which I take to be when the light comes on) is 20 litres. I have driven more than 20 miles with the light on before, and have never put more than 82 litres in to fill it to full (90 litres).

I did over 40 miles with the fuel light on in Spain searching for a fuel station (KZJ90).

Most fuel I have put in my tank after the reserve lamp came on is 91 liters, cant remember the exact distance but it was about 35 miles. I seem to recall the fuel tank capacity is 95 liters on the 80 series, but how many liters the filler neck will hold is another matter.

Back