Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Full bib and tucker with nowhere to go...

mettisse

Supporter
The bruiser has had its service, Lucas additive in the engine oil, Forte additive in the Diffs, new oil in the brake lines, discs and pads checked/ renewed, all new genuine Toyo filters, belts checked, already has new BFG ATs , so, ready to go, where? .....Nowhere, .......me and the duchess have had our jabs, ( we are in the old bracket) waiting patiently for something, and ...........nothing... it seems more people in the UK have had their jabs than all of Europe, I don’t know if that is true , sad if it is. But here we are, the same as everyone else, raring to go, it’s been said before but we will finish up the ultimate in alcoholic gourmet chefs, ever.
I hope that the 4x4 shows are on, I hope that any excursions planned occur, I hope this awful disease finishes...............
I dunno, it’s strange times we are living in right now.
So, on a different subject, I received a letter from the Merc Benz people telling me that
0BEDC97D-B988-4C1B-B561-0911580D009A.jpeg
Merc Benz to tell me there is a recall on our Sprinter Truck, with a threatening letter from the DVLA “reminding“ me that it’s my responsibility to make sure the vehicle is safe at all times, the letter states the recall would take no longer than half an hour and it’s no charge. So how is it the Merc dealer wants it for a whole day? I dunno, it’s a strange world we live in, ( deja vous or mange tout Rodney)
so, they said they are busy, so what’s the point of having an appointment system? I can feel this is turning into a rant, ( apologies)
So, if like me you are ready, waiting , you have my sympathy, I never ever thought that in my old age I would be confined to Barracks, I dunno, strange times...........
best regards to all, Bill Westley

Attachments

• 7BDCDF64-4DE8-4558-A7D3-0005BF5BC427.jpg
    7BDCDF64-4DE8-4558-A7D3-0005BF5BC427.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 36
Good post Bill.. indeed the world has changed significantly and after a year of having this drummed into the populous I am worried that how are people going to return to going to their local shop and feel at ease?

Very strange times and just living in a small circle.. :thumbup:

12th April is the date to focus on when "UK domestic holidays away from home" will be permitted and foreign holidays following on from 17th May. That's assuming the virus doesn't kick off again with schools and shops etc opening of course.

Hopefully not long to wait now till things start opening up. :thumbup:

BTW - I think we (UK) count someone receiving the first dose of the 2 dose vaccine, as being "vaccinated", whereas in many European countries they only count when they've had both doses.

We are doing really well with the vaccine delivery though, by any measure.

The bruiser has had its service, Lucas additive in the engine oil, Forte additive in the Diffs, new oil in the brake lines, discs and pads checked/ renewed, all new genuine Toyo filters, belts checked, already has new BFG ATs , so, ready to go, where? .....Nowhere, .......me and the duchess have had our jabs, ( we are in the old bracket) waiting patiently for something, and ...........nothing... it seems more people in the UK have had their jabs than all of Europe, I don’t know if that is true , sad if it is. But here we are, the same as everyone else, raring to go, it’s been said before but we will finish up the ultimate in alcoholic gourmet chefs, ever.
I hope that the 4x4 shows are on, I hope that any excursions planned occur, I hope this awful disease finishes...............
I dunno, it’s strange times we are living in right now.
So, on a different subject, I received a letter from the Merc Benz people telling me thatView attachment 170841Merc Benz to tell me there is a recall on our Sprinter Truck, with a threatening letter from the DVLA “reminding“ me that it’s my responsibility to make sure the vehicle is safe at all times, the letter states the recall would take no longer than half an hour and it’s no charge. So how is it the Merc dealer wants it for a whole day? I dunno, it’s a strange world we live in, ( deja vous or mange tout Rodney)
so, they said they are busy, so what’s the point of having an appointment system? I can feel this is turning into a rant, ( apologies)
So, if like me you are ready, waiting , you have my sympathy, I never ever thought that in my old age I would be confined to Barracks, I dunno, strange times...........
best regards to all, Bill Westley

Yeah, good post Bill, I’m thinking to post up the usual “Comarnic Romania” invite for August 2021. It was so disappointing that 2020 came to nothing because of travel restrictions.

Anyway, I can but try... whatever happens. I know it’s a long way here and back, and I guess those that have been before won’t want to do the same runs as usual... but who knows...

Europe is way behind the UK for vaccine numbers, but pressing on with what they can get their hands on.

We’re still having a few snow flurries here, but spring is only just around the corner...

6CD6977E-0C56-4449-96D7-E89DB32F65B0.jpeg
6B040700-57AB-4B0A-880F-31DE80007491.jpeg

Back