Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fun begins........

froggy Steve

Supporter
Country Flag
europe
Right, I am now the proud owner of a cracking Colorado, but need to register it in France. I have been in touch with Toyota FR and they sent me a form, with 23 questions, that must be filled out and stamped by my local Toyota dealer (50km away), sent to Toyota FR with pictures of the car, copy of the V5C (I dont have it all as old owner sent it in, and Swansea will not send it to me with my French addy on) All I have is the 2nd sheet (p4) that has all the info I think I need.
For this they want a chq for 134€.
I have changed my lights already, need to get the French MOT (but need it registered in France first)
Wish me luck, first visit to the garage today!
Steve

Right, 1st part of the trauma is over! Went to the Toyota dealer armed with all the info I thought I needed and more. He looked at the form, said "you fill it in" stamped it, signed it and buggered off! Didnt even look at the car!!!!
I can only hope the rest is as easy

Steve

Well, it just gets better! Sent off form with pictures of LC , What I have of the registration docs, and my cheque on Friday last week. One week later our new Certificate of Conformity is here!!!! Blimey. That will be a first for France! Now for the CT test (French MOT that lasts 2 years) and then the Dragon :icon-twisted: The beast of the Prefecture in Perigueux. You can have all the right paper work, stamped, in French in triplicate but she still says NON! Passes the papers back to you an buzzes for the next customer. No explanation, just gives it back. This means a walk to the info desk, who say, ah ha! you havent ticked this box, join the back of the line and off you go again.........
Ah, red tape............:eusa-shhh:

Good so far,

Hope it continues so for you,

Gra.

Go to the info desk first and ask them to check it.

Sounds good so far.

You can sell the headlights.

Pete

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
good idea - anyone want a set of headlights for r/h drive 2000 Colorado with electic adjustment? :)

Steve

That it be! I bought my 12 bore over under the bed of the Motor Home with 1000 rounds of ammo in the wardrobe! The ports were on high alert (2002) and we just drove through!
Steve

Well, we thought it was going too well! CT (MOT) passed this morning with 3 advisories - 1. slight oil weep from transfer box- 2. rusty springs and 3. patch on rear silencer not good.
OK #1, cant do much about it, just keep an eye on the amount lost. #2. Good excuse to get some old man emu's and lift springs! #3. hows about a nice stainless steel exhaust?
So happy bunnies, off we troop to Perigueux some 50km away in the rain. Arrive, but shock horror :wtf: the dragon is on the help desk! Nice helpful lady is dishing out grey cards where dragon should be. Trembling we approach to be told NON! We now need a certificate from the tax office (30km the other way for us) to say we dont actually owe any import duty as its 12 years old...........grrrrrr red tape.........:eusa-snooty:
ho hum
Steve

Did you ask her if there was anything else?

Rusty springs are normal!

Cant beat bureaucracy.

Pete

If its weeping near to the propshaft its probably the output shaft seal and that is fairly straight forward.

Joe

Thanks for that, I will have a good look when it stops raining! (at last!!!!)
Cheers
Steve

Just an update - My Certificate d'immaticulation arrived this morning - woo hoo! Now I have a reg number, so its of to the big smoke to get a couple of plates , and I suppose one each for each of the trailers we have too!

Back to the UK in a couple of weeks to see the olds - might bump into someone (if your near Gainsbororough) I have my new landcruiser.net sticker on back window!
Cheers
Steve:clap:

Congrats!!

Just a note, here trailers are registered in their own right. Thy have a different reg no from the car and have to be "technically" tested (MOT'd) every 2 years like the cars do. Did you import the trailers from the UK or buy them in France?

Might be a red-herring, but here the fine is substantial if a trailers' paperwork isn't up to muster. :shifty::?

good point - the big one for my tractor and mower has its own plate, but the smaller one (750kg total or less) needs to be the same as the towing vehicle. Mind you, no-one seems to bother about over loaded trailers, but knowing my luck, if I was 1kg over, I would be pulled for a control!
Steve

OK Steve, you've obviously done your homework! All trailers here are registered with their own number, which seemed very strange to me.

Happy Colerado-ing! :icon-biggrin:

Anything over 750kg must be braked, (clearly a good idea) and must have its own registration, insurance etc. even my mower has to have insurance.........
Steve

Well there's a lot of logic to that! I often did damage with my mower (only a 12 HP ride-on) but that was mostly due to the beer on grass cutting day! Put it in the stream once...!

Back