Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Funny, its ok to make jokes about Catholics

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Funny, its ok to make jokes about Catholics, the Pope, Jews, the Irish, the Italians, the Polish etc etc,

but its insensitive to make jokes about Muslims.

The sooner we are all on same level playing field the better.

Jeff Foxworthy on Muslims:

1. If you refine heroin for a living, but you have a moral objection to liquor,
You may be a Muslim.

2. If you own a £3,000 machine gun and a £5,000 rocket launcher, but you can't afford shoes,
You may be a Muslim.

3. If you have more wives than teeth,

You may be a Muslim.

4. If you wipe your ass with your bare hand but consider bacon to be unclean,
You may be a Muslim.

5. If you think vests come in two styles: Bullet-proof and suicide.
You may be a Muslim

6. If you can't think of anyone you haven't declared jihad against,
You may be a Muslim.

7. If you consider television dangerous but routinely carry explosives in your clothing,
You may be a Muslim.

8. If you were amazed to discover that cell phones have uses other than setting off roadside bombs,
You may be a Muslim.

9. If you have nothing against women and think every man should own at least four,
You may be a Muslim.

10. If you find this offensive or racist and don't forward it,
You may be a Muslim.

I don't object to that particularly Gra - as I don't think it actually says anything. But, I think where people might object is that it's a generalism being made in relation to a relatively small number of people who happen to be Muslim, but it is not their faith that accounts for most of those points. Blowing people up is against the Muslim faith. These people are extremists or terroists, or maybe freedom fighters. I don't know. But it's a bit like the IRA back in the day. They were not actions of Catholics, they were actions of a para military group who happened to be Catholic. I do wonder sometimes who actually does get offended by these things. Many folk seem to have to jump in to defend someone else that THEY feel might be offended. They have voices of their own and should jump in if they want to. We could write a list about the British

If you invade foreign lands, claim them as your own, force your regime upon them, enslave the population and extract its wealth - you may well be British.

Odd thing is, we laugh and say. Hmm that's about right.

What I don't know is how a Muslim would read that list of yours. I think the key difference is that most of us aren't particularity religious. Protestant fundamentalist? We aren't driven by religion our race is British, not Christian. Where as many other groups are truly faith driven. The Jews for example see themselves as a race, not just as a religion. And we largely don't get that. Would you die to defend your country? I might and many have. Would you die for your religeon? Me, not a chance. I'll worship who ever you want mate if it means I can live. It's all bo**ocks.

Not having a rant, just fancied sensible conversation for once. It won't happen again.

C

I shouted at the top of my lungs down a packed saturday afternoon high steet once "HEY YOU THE BLACK FELLA" people actually ducked into shops and made for a quick getaway , the only black man in the street stopped in his tracks and turned to look at me , i swear if looks could kill i would be stone dead .

When i held up his wallet and said "you dropped this" he stormed over and whipped it out of my hand then stormed off .

I guess i must have done something wrong but i must admit i'm baffled to this day what ?

Haha Helen just said she was told off in Asda when she asked where the "black" bin bags were , the assistant said they are now called bin liners , Helen replied "really i don't suppose you sell white bread then" :lol:

Last edited:
Haha Helen just said she was told off in Asda when she asked where the "black" bin bags were , the assistant said they are now called bin liners , Helen replied "really i don't suppose you sell white bread then" :lol:
ha, ha, ha.

Gra.

i have friends that are muslim, very decent people, if they were to get their noses out of joint over that list then i would tell them to lighten up.
some catholics i know also get bent out of shape over a catholic joke. the world needs to relax ... a lot.

If you invade foreign lands, claim them as your own, force your regime upon them, enslave the population and extract its wealth - you may well be British.

I believe that's referred to as stealing countries through the cunning use of flags. "Do you have a flag? No? Well, no flag, no country, those are the rules"

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I don't object to that particularly Gra - as I don't think it actually says anything. But, I think where people might object is that it's a generalism being made in relation to a relatively small number of people who happen to be Muslim, but it is not their faith that accounts for most of those points. Blowing people up is against the Muslim faith. These people are extremists or terroists, or maybe freedom fighters. I don't know.

This joke list is not actually by Jeff Foxworthy.

Also, the list has been changed from the original "You May Be Part of The Taliban If..." to cover all Muslims.

(see Snopes)

It may be about a very small minority but then so are jokes about catholic priests, blondes, the Irish, Australians, Fat Americans etc.etc. It's all good IMHO people need to understand that humor is humor.

All that being said I guess that if I started breaking out the haulocaust jokes there would be more than a couple that would find them offensive. But that's just the British way. We don't piss and moan we just make light of it.

Back