Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fusebox

On the other side of the device being powered... I.e fuses located as near to battery as possible, so there shouldn't be an earth in the fusebox, unless its being used for a relay...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. Can you tell me what the black wire onto the bolt is for in the fuse box? Is it a live tap? Can't find out what it is I'm my fsm

Not sure about yours but the 120 has a dark brown feed from alternator. Is there a large fuse near your bolt?

Sent from TapaTalk

Nope just looks like a black wire onto a m6 bolt. I thought it was a earth till I tested it and it's live. Found it on the fsm but it doesn't say what it is

:? Can you trace it back to anywhere? or post a pic?

I've had a look at mine (LHD) but can't work out what you're referring to...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There IS an earth in there. I used it a couple of weeks ago. Not sure how yours would be live. But if it is - it is. Mine wasn't. I used it for my Walbro fuel pump.

Chris

j555fjr said:
Nope just looks like a black wire onto a m6 bolt. I thought it was a earth till I tested it and it's live. Found it on the fsm but it doesn't say what it is

It's a live feed into the fusebox, not out via a fuse. Probably comes from the fusable link at the +ve battery terminal. If you disconnect it, presumably, something won't work.

If mine isn't an earth then I have no explanation why the fuel pump is running. :eusa-think:

Fusebox.jpg

Chris

Chris,

I think we're talking about the main fusebox on the nearside of the engine bay next to the ABS unit. Looks like your picture is of the accesory power outlet next to the airfilter?

Ahh, there is always a reason. People need to be more specific. Fuse box under the bonnet?

Anyhoo - that one definitely has an earth. Would not have thought that the other one would. As has been said, earth return is via the chassis. Never thought about it being the main fuse box for the reason just stated. Cheers for clearing that up Phil. Thought I was going mad.

Chris

Back