Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Gauging Interest - My 2005 120 D4-d coming up for sale

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi all,

I am considering putting putting my June 2005 Land Cruiser 120 series up for sale.
Reasonable condition, high miles, 250,xxx

Reams of Toyota service history.
I will get it serviced this month again, to keep the services complete.

Has had new alternator a few years ago at 220,xxx miles.

I bought a new matching pair of Toyota batteries for it, about 2-3 years ago.

It has Iron man suspension, at +50mm on "C" springs, which are almost similar to road springs, but just a little harder.

Had a new front passenger brake caliper about 2-3 years ago.

I will either sell it with the BF Goodrich All terrains, (265 x 70 x R17) spare being brand new,

Or I will sell it with the Mastercaraft Course mud terrains, (265 x 70 x R17) again the spare is brand new, and not yet mounted to the rim.

I have a "Land Cruiser" chrome 3 inch "A" bar fitted.

I have a snorkel fitted.

It has Toyota tow bar fitted with twin electrics.

It is the 8 seater, with 8 seat belts.

Land Cruiser 1.jpg
Not fixed on the price, but I suggest £7,999 would tempt me to part.

Ultimately reliable, starts first time, every time, even in Norway with minus 22 deg.

Not much done to it, as it just keeps on passing MOT every year.

Gra.

Well I would be sorely tempted if those apple trees in my back garden started sprouting 50's... unfortunately that's not the case and my next 4x4 will have to come in at a fraction what any 120 would set me back... a compromise I suppose. Have you looked around to see what 120's are fetching on the trader and the likes? Found this one as an example: http://ow.ly/qWYN4

My old man had a hard time trying to shift his D4d collie this year, even after dropping the price considerably. I hope you have better luck..

Jim.

Last edited:
Well I would be sorely tempted if those apple trees in my back garden started sprouting 50's... unfortunately that's not the case and my next 4x4 will have to come in at a fraction what any 120 would set me back... a compromise I suppose. Have you looked around to see what 120's are fetching on the trader and the likes? Found this one as an example: http://ow.ly/qWYN4

My old man had a hard time trying to shift his D4d collie this year, even after dropping the price considerably. I hope you have better luck..

Jim.
What on earth is he trying to sell?
Title is Toyota Landcruiser 3.0 D-4D LC4 5dr Auto

Looks like a 100 series in the pictures.

Then he rant's on about 4.7 V8 PETROL

No wonder the price is what it is., for an old "W" reg.

Gra.

Difficult to put a price on yours Graham, Mods dont add value, and the snorkle and muds limit your market, as does the milage.

Funnily enough, though prices usually used to firm up around this time of year, I seem to have noticed that they are starting to drift.......starting to see decent looking 120s regularly below the £9k mark, whereas 6 months ago you'd be hard pushed to find one below £10k.

Obviously I only have my personal observations to go on.... YMMV.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Think you're right 4x4 prices in general don't seem to have firmed up yet this year, but then the snow hasn't really paid a visit yet

What on earth is he trying to sell?
Title is Toyota Landcruiser 3.0 D-4D LC4 5dr Auto

Looks like a 100 series in the pictures.

Then he rant's on about 4.7 V8 PETROL

No wonder the price is what it is., for an old "W" reg.

Gra.

I guess it sold and he used the leftover time on the ad to advertise a hundy. It was a black 120 with 170k going for £7,500 iirc. Good price which obviously worked - so yeah should see yours go okay @£8k I would've thought, spesh when the white stuff hits :icon-wink:

Back