Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Genuine 80 series gearstick knob.

chapel gate

Supporter
Promoted Company
Country Flag
england
New 80 series leather gearstick knob.

Please pm for details and all other new and used 80 series parts.

IMG_20201221_101644.jpg

Don’t suppose you’ve got one for an auto, or can re-cover them......? Mine disintegrates more with every touch

Bizarrely I think that my blue one needs a new knob. Really odd that it's worn given the miles on it. Be a pal and ping me a price please Mike. I'll have to check, but pretty sure it's about the only thing that show any signs of wear on the whole thing.

Hi Mike,

What new landcruiser parts do you have in stock?
a reasonable amount, im in the middle of re stocking quite a few popular items.

what is it your after michael?

Hi Mike,
I have a couple of 80's and just like getting them right.
I would love to be able to sort out my drivers seat, foam and cover. one has a passenger headlight washer missing.
I need to replace the big end shells etc on one.
The door glass rubbers need replacing on one along with a motor, I have been looking at a lexus ls400 motor? looks the same.
Auto gear stick leather cover.
Just interested in what you carry really.
Have you ever chopped the back off one? been thinking about making a tray back and have also toyed with the idea of making a double cab with a tray back.
Just love the 80 series and couldn't think what else could replace it, it does everything I need and also gets all the family in. Heated mirrors would be handy when towing and also some decent reverse lights.to be able to open the window and not the door in winter would be nice!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Don’t suppose you’ve got one for an auto, or can re-cover them......? Mine disintegrates more with every touch
i dont have any in stock, they are still available, nearly twice the price of the manual.. im sure you could easily find a firm that will re-cover your existing one.

Hi Mike,
I have a couple of 80's and just like getting them right.
I would love to be able to sort out my drivers seat, foam and cover. one has a passenger headlight washer missing.
I need to replace the big end shells etc on one.
The door glass rubbers need replacing on one along with a motor, I have been looking at a lexus ls400 motor? looks the same.
Auto gear stick leather cover.
Just interested in what you carry really.
Have you ever chopped the back off one? been thinking about making a tray back and have also toyed with the idea of making a double cab with a tray back.
Just love the 80 series and couldn't think what else could replace it, it does everything I need and also gets all the family in. Heated mirrors would be handy when towing and also some decent reverse lights.to be able to open the window and not the door in winter would be nice!!
evening michael.

drivers seat foam. check.

headlight washer. one side has recently become NLA. i have the other side in stock. cant remember which..will check. bit ironic as i need the NLA one myself, having sold about a dozen of these.. i keep looking for NOS though.

BEBs and bolts. check.

window rubbers. check.
genuine motors still available to order. ive fitted a couple of the after market ones from milners to cutomers 80s and they seem reasonable for the price. i also have the moisture barriers in stock.

auto gear stick still available to order. a re-cover may be a cheaper option.

i tend to forget some of the more obscure stuff i have until someone asks.. :)

off the top of my head i have cambelt kits in, full body mount kits, arb bush kits, overhead console sun visors, upper rear hatch lock mechs, ignition keys and barrels, injector washers, fuel return pipe washers, etc etc. plus a lot of popular items on order.

a mate of mine has:

IMG-20201027-WA0001.jpg

yes, a double cab extended 80 with a trayon camper is my perfect set up. ive done a fair bit of research but time and money, as ever, are an issue.

i completely agree. the 80 is the best all round 4x4 ever to be made and ever will be imo. what to replace it with? i cant think of anything..

heated mirrors? here you go: heated mirror install - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

i also retro fitted the JDM folding mirrors when i did this. there is a thread some where.

cheers

mike

Last edited:
Hi Mike,
Thank you very much for the link, I have found the heated mirror glass on ebay for £8 so I will be doing this over the christmas break.
So simple when you think about it.
I have been looking at tray backs for a long time and I have the vehicle ready for the chop but need the time and really a dry space so I can leave it when busy with other projects.

iirc some people had slight fitment issues with the ebay glass.
i used my original mirror glass with heating elements.

Hi Chapel Gate, would you have these parts for a 1990 80 series:
- a leather automatic gear stick
- a sunroof, or at least the framed glass panel
New here, not sure how to PM you.

Back