Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Good evening from an 80 owner looking for guidance.

Nelson_2946

Good evening everyone. I've been looking for a forum like this for ages,wish I'd found it sooner!

I've been the proud owner of a gorgeous 1992 Cruiser 80 following the passing of my dad in 2009, and although I loved my truck,it took a Cat C unnecessary write off for me to realise how much it had become a part of me. I'm sure there are plenty of you out there that an empathise.

It was a long 12 months but my pride and joy is back on the road, and I'll be looking to pick the brains of the more experienced Cruiser owners on how I can get more from her, and keep her running for many more years to come.

thank you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 159
Welcome to the club Nelson. :thumbup:

Thats a nice shiny 80 youve got. :clap:

A very nice looking example there Nelson, the same year and cplour as mine too.

Last edited:
Hi Nelson,

Welcome Nelson,

Glad you found this website.
Where you on some other web site previous?

Well you have got a nice truck.
Looks really in top class condition.

Thanks for the photo.

Gra.

... I'll be looking to pick the brains of the more experienced Cruiser owners on how I can get more from her, and keep her running for many more years to come.

Welcome Nelson:icon-biggrin:

You seem to want to know how to get more from her? Is that more of the same, in standard spec, just for the years to come or more in terms of performance?

As you may have seen on this forum, with modifications, she will be able to do all sorts of tricks, especially if you want to really take her offroad!

Looking forward to your shopping list!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks great.

welcome,there will be lots of good bits of info here for you and help when needed.

Karl

Welcome! This is a great site - been really useful for me as a LC Newbie - and some really good, helpful people too!

Evening everyone & thanks for the warm welcome, a great introduction to what is clearly a well founded forum.

In terms of where I'd like to take my truck in the future, I'm honest when I say I've not made the most of her in the last 3 years, and I hate the thought of a "blank canvas" sitting unused and not fulfilling her full potential so ill be looking for inspiration from other established owners.

i had been a member of another owners website but as the truck was cat C and I was scrabbling round for the urgent part ( front near side wing BTW ), some members were more interested with grabbing themselves a cheeky bargain and buying a perfectly salvageable truck at next to nothing!!!

Thanks again guys for the reception.

I seem to remember a guy on that forum, kept changing his name, several times, and wanting to buy members trucks for peanuts.

Gra.

Welcome along - great looking 80 - looking forward to it's transformation!

Back