Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Good morning!

A smattering here, but power still on.

Sadly south of the Arctic circle we get neither of those....

Around 4-5" here also although we are one of the highest points in Sheffield and the town centre is fine apparently.
Definitely pipe and slippers weather for me, or it would be if I smoked and wore slippers! We were supposed to be going to Leek today!

4276FECC-582D-4B05-B8BE-FD58C899E96C.jpeg

Blue skies and sunshine here at the moment..... But i guess i couldn't be any further south In the UK....

Meanwhile, up here in the Frozen North (west of Edinburgh) . . . . Its a nice clear sunny day with no sign of snow. 3 degrees C in the sun.

My lawns used to be ankle-deep in leaves - now most of them have gone.

I think I heard a neighbour start up a petrol leaf blower (Ho Ho Ho ).

We had to clear a fallen Elder Bush (about 15ft high and covered in ivy) as it was partly blocking the road into the farm, then move four barrow loads of sticks to the bonfire.

One slate down - not a bad result.

Bob.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sounds similar to our way, Bob - couple of trees down on our road - blowing an absolute hoolie here last night, but we seemed to escape with little damage fortunately - lots of sticks, branches and palm leaves though!!!

Looks Bliss Mike... Especially the pic of the wood burner,.... Reminds me of when we lived on the Boat, Cooking beans and Pasta on top of the old Burner.. Careful that Bottle of Scotch doesn't go Bang :lol:

Looks Bliss Mike... Especially the pic of the wood burner,.... Reminds me of when we lived on the Boat, Cooking beans and Pasta on top of the old Burner.. Careful that Bottle of Scotch doesn't go Bang :lol:
It is.
Still no power.
Can just hear the howl of the wind and the tick of the clock...

My power has just come back on and also amazed that the telephone line wasn't destroyed in the serious winds! Was awake at 4 am last night as the roof slates were rattling in the gusts!

Processed 2 trees into firewood this morning and no slates missing off my roof but next doors has a few missing must of been their roof I was listening to!...

You got Power Yet Mike ?? The Howl of the Wind and the Ticking of a clock, Is a better sound than any TV or Radio could Blurt out....

Not yet. :icon-biggrin:
Not permafrost, but - 2 at the mo.

The puddles had ice in them this morning in equitorial Watford
20211128_070339.jpg

Back