AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
This came yesterday,

IMG_2424.JPG

Great service from Matt Savage.

Lets see how long they take to fit on the 100.

Why is there a picture of a lumberjack on the box?

if you dont know Air Lift, "You Know Squat"...... Thats what the man 'Sez'

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I ain't gonna argue with that,
That axe looks sharp...

Keep us updated on how you get on and driving impressions after fitting ....

How long was turnaround time Andy just from curiosity. It's taking longer than usual to get my orders to me so I can ship them back out.

Is that the Airbag inflated?.... That the Box is sat on, Snazzy colour....

yeah, let us know how these turn out. been thinking about getting a set of these, and losing the uprated rear springs.

Well it was pretty straight forward, loosen trailing arm bolts, undo handbrake cable bracket, remove the Panhard rod, undo bottom damper bolts and disconnect and lift on rear bumper until springs literally fall out, remove the spring locating cone.
Fit airbags inside springs and replace to truck, connect airlines and route to convenient mounting point for inflation valves. Lower until dampers can be re attached, Lower to normal attitude and tighten all trailing arm bolts, replace Panhard rod and handbrake cable bracket.
I took it for a test run uninflated then the same route with them inflated to 20 psi. Since the reason I fitted them was to make the 100 series more stable when cornering as it did feel soft on the back end and tended to wallow. I suppose it has to be taken into account that the 100 is heavy, with the ARB's front and rear ,winch, the iKamper roof tent up top, awning too, drawers, long range tank with an extra 25 gall of fuel etc etc.
Well the top and bottom of it is that it felt far more stable on corners without the ride at the rear feeling too compromised and a mod worth doing if your weight is going vary and your suspension is the normal steel variety.
IMG_2425.JPG

IMG_2426.JPG

IMG_2427.JPG

IMG_2428.JPG
IMG_2430.JPG
IMG_2431.JPG

Karl, they came next day, I was asked what lift the truck had and they fitted just right when not inflated.

Back