Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Google mapping - updated

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hello all,

It wasn't long ago, when I would play with Google mapping.
I would put in a start point of London, and an end point as Cape Town.
The result = zilch, we can not calculate.

Now it's changed !!

Google gives the full route from Uk to Cape Town.

When did this change happen, have I been sleeping too much, did i miss it?

Graham

Must have been in the last 6 weeks or so - when I last played with it 6 weeks ago, it was not working as per your previous experience with it. Good to know it's now working!

Planning an overland trip Graham? :dance:

I just tried to use Google maps for a route from London UK to Murmansk Russia . . . . and got 'We could not calculate directions between Westminster, London, UK and Murmansk, Murmansk Oblast, Russia' :thumbdown:

Dave Docwra said:
ignat said:
Planning an overland trip Graham? :dance:

Hi Kevin, How is your one going, Starter?

Hi Dave

going well thanks . Not been able to update the blog. internet a hassle to find :)

In Congo now. :D

Hope the issues in Syria etc arent posing too many probs for your trip :?:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cossack said:
I just tried to use Google maps for a route from London UK to Murmansk Russia . . . . and got 'We could not calculate directions between Westminster, London, UK and Murmansk, Murmansk Oblast, Russia' :thumbdown:

Yeah google maps can't do Russia at all.... try using Bing maps for that route ;)

Hi Kevin,

Glad too hear all is well & you are venturing on, We are still going on our planned date & we will monitor the situation as
we get nearer to Syria,
There is a couple of people in Syria at the moment who are reporting back that they are safe, in fact one of them went to
a protest march yesterday & stated that it had a party atmosphere about it, Not sure if thats the wisest of things to be doing
but the pictures looked quite jolly :o .

Thanks Dave.

Back