Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Gorden Banks who played 73 times for England has died.

I can't say he was a hero of mine because I've never really been a fan of football, but this man was one of the names of my youth that always kept me sort of interested in the game.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...-dies-aged-81/ar-BBTtQr1?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=iehp
Not a fan either Chas but at school it was always Gordon Banks this Bobby Moore that, etc etc,, But he was a cracking goalie even when he lost an eye in a car crash.... or was that Shilton, Any way one of 'em' was a goalie!

Good old Sheffield lad he was. Heard him on the radio today describing his "Pele save", could only be from round here.

Can’t really say he was a hero of mine either to be honest but I was quite interested in football back then and I remember Gordon being a hard player to find when I collected Soccer Stars cards. Football was a different game back then IMO.

Not a fan either Chas but at school it was always Gordon Banks this Bobby Moore that, etc etc,, But he was a cracking goalie even when he lost an eye in a car crash.... or was that Shilton, Any way one of 'em' was a goalie!
Yes, it was Banksy who lost an eye, but he had to retire not very long after IIRC

Back