Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Got stuck in the snow this morning.......

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
........while dropping the twins @ nursery :!: :roll: To be fair though I was in our Volvo V70 & because it's a T5 it's got tyres that lean more towards track days than mud + snow :lol:

Anyway my point of mentioning this is that it was compacted snow on a slight incline that got me & I would have probably been OK with my clever Geartronic gearbox with winter setting & traction control if I had been going forwards but I put myself in a situation that I could only reverse out of so all that clever stuff was rendered useless :roll: :) How did I get out :?: Carpet I tell you :o Since it's been snowing I've had a spade & two rolls of carpet (about 12" wide & a couple of yards long) in the boot :) I had no other option but to jump out & give them a go :pray: While I was laying 'em under the back of the front tyres a couple of teenaged girls walked passed & when they thought they were far enough away shouted 'do you want a push grandad' :shock: GRANDAD :!: I'm only 40 :(

Anyway car came out a piece of pizz :thumbup: So simple but so effective :D :D :D

Just thought I'd share :D

It made me think a little about the recent Wales trip & the traction mats that Chris put a link up about :) Nice thing to have :mrgreen: but not a cheap as carpet off cut :lol: ;)

I hope you sprayed the girls with snow /slush when you freed yourself :lol:

And good idea with the carpet ive got loads of offcuts in the loft :thumbup:

Joe

Back