Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Great Wall Pick-up first Chinese car for UK

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Great Wall Steed first Chinese car for UK

The Great Wall Motor Company will become the first Chinese car brand to start volume sales in the UK market when the Steed double-cab pick-up truck goes on sale in April, priced from just £13,998. Pictured above, the Great Wall Steed gets its debut at the 2012 Commercial Vehicle Show (Birmingham NEC, 24-26 April), and is playing the value card hard.

greatwall-steed-uk-1-458x273.jpg

Gra.

They sold huge amounts in SA which promptly fell apart and stopped working. A couple of friends of mine bought some (not sure on model, top spec, locking diffs etc etc) and within a couple of years, things stopped working.

Might be a case of you get what you pay for? Maybe they've improved since then :pray:

Must have improved, a mining giant here in the NW is now only buying GWM's as work vehicles.

From Hilux's to Steeds :shock:

They've become quite popular, especially the Hover, there are loads of them around. Still got nothing on the Fortuner though!

I believe they have improved loads.
In Australia, a notoriously difficult and tough market for pick up's, I have heard they sell quite well.

For a starting price of around £13,000 it isn't going to be a Hi Lux, but there again, I hesitate to think what the new cost of a double cab Hi Lux is?

I think providing your not going on any "life depending" mega mile excursions to the Australian outback, then for general city / farm use, they should be quite suited.

Gra.

Interesting, I'm currently on a job launching the new Ford Ranger which is 18-25k, which is competitive in the market at the moment, that thing is cheap & for many users so long as it lasts 3 years that is all it has to do.

The new Ranger is all new model & no crossover with any other manufacturer, quite a nice bit of kit

Is there still a market for quadcab pickups?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back