Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Group buy - 80 series rear tailgate decks in stainless or aluminuim

The question now is will it arrive before we move?

Is this something you mentioned when you ordered Rob? Delivery was always in the 2 to 3 week region all being well. I don't think I would have planned my diary around it. I should be hearing something soon (something that you guys want to hear that is) but if there is a delay Rob, it could always be diverted to your new address or come to me and I'll bring to Lincomb.

Did not mention it when I ordered as I did not know back then. Anyway it has been over 3 weeks since you placed the order, any news on when they expect to dispatch them?

Congratulations in order then I hope Rob. Awkward pause - hoping it's not an eviction!

When there is news I shall post it on here immediately. I'd like mine installed for Lincomb.

I'll find out tomorrow and if there is any sort of problem associated with delivery times and your move, I shall let you know straight away Rob.

It's been almost a month now since money changed hands, any news please Chris?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chas if there was news, I'd have posted it. Sent them a mail this evening. Getting to the point that it's about time we heard something. I want mine installed and we've only one weekend til Lincomb

Yes that was what was on my mind too, getting close to Lincomb.

Guys, a brief update. Firstly thanks for not pestering the hell out of me, given there's not much I can do to make it go any faster myself.

I have heard back, here's the situation. Principally, it's down to one thing. The door catches are left and right hand and the supplier only sent one type. For some reason they are being incredibly slow at getting that sorted for our guy. This means that the job is being held up.
Ahh you cry, mine is only a plain one, it doesn't have catches! No, but as the powder coating is a special process with set up costs, everything needs to go through the coating in one go. Hence even the plain ones are being held up. The time frame for these was originally between about 2 and 4 weeks. At the time this was realistic, but given the levels of activity with the laser cutter etc etc. What with 2 bank hols and us taking longer to get the orders sorted (to get 20) things have slipped a little but I'm sure it will be worth it.

There have been one or two other issues, not with the product, but with other things and people which I don't need to recant here, but once again, thanks for your forbearance. Once the right bits show up, it shouldn't take too long.

Chris

:thumbup: Cheers Chris, thanks for keeping us updated.

Cheers for the update. I'll still go check with reception every day though as she's got a cracking personality :lol:

Guys, a bit of an update for you. I am sincerely grateful that you haven't been bashing my eardrums over this, as I have said before there isn't anything I can do to speed it up - it's not me making them after all. The manufacturer has been in contact all through this and they ran into one or two issues. Nothing that need concern us really, but just the sort of issue that life throws at you just when you thought it was plain sailing. I have just received word from them - yes at 10.00 o clock at night that all is good and it's full steam ahead.

Toyota products were not their mainstay and I pushed them this way to help us and to help them. They are really keen not to let us down and realise that we came good on our promise but we haven't see anything yet. They now have a new guy on board who has an 80 and a Hundee! Part of his role will be to develop new products for the Land Cruiser market.

Remember that I have ordered two of these decks so I am as anxious as you are. Well actually more so because I arranged the whole thing and spent your money for you. Think how I feel.

So, should be some good news soon, but they aren't going to be ready in time for Lincomb I fear. Happy to give a bit more detail over a beer at the weekend, but don't really want to be posting laundry publicly when it's not our business really.

Thanks for sticking with it. I have asked for some production pictures to get you excited.

Thanks for the update Hombre; hopefully that 20 year carpet in Muxley will hang on for another week or so [emoji2]

The Hundee template should be with you soon too Amigo. I'm going to miss my carpet. I have fond memories buried in there. Ahh that Chicken and Mushroom Pot Noodle .....

:icon-biggrin:

I'll probably be in france when it arrives so no rush here lol, not that have time to fit it anyway!

Hi chaps. Good to see a few of you at Lincomb this weekend. And for not beating me up.

Some slightly different news for you.

The people making the decks for us realise that we should really have had them by now and it looks like that's coming together now. I'll post an update as soon as I hear.

But on Friday just as I was leaving for Lincomb a courier turned up with a package. I'd had a message the day before saying that they were sending me something - to do with whatever I felt appropriate by way of gesture from them.

I didn't really have time to consult with you fellas so I made an executive decision. I figured I'd put all the names in a hat and pull one out. I excluded myslef from the draw and as a very kind gesture so did Jon. All the remaining names went into a saucepan actually on Saturday night and my daughter rummaged around and drew the winner - which was Gav.

Well done Gav. I can tell you he looked pretty stunned.

The prize was a fridge slide. Now that's not bad is it. I know you'd all have liked one, but I only had one.

It's as fair as I could make it.

Excellent, always shows a good company when they do things like that.
Well done Gav.

Yes indeed, what an unexpected treat. Thanks guys :) Just going to check me lotto tickets now ;-)

Stick a pic on Gav when you get chance.

I will Chris :) Thanks for showing me yours; I like the idea of tilting the slide so will see if I can come up with something :cool:

Back