Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Group buy - 80 series rear tailgate decks in stainless or aluminuim

It's been three months since I paid for this, . . . . just sayin.

Last we heard over a month ago we were close go having them ready after all the delays. Production was almost over less one of two small parts missing. Maybe will get them for christmas [emoji13]

Guys if I had an update I would have posted it. Any comments you may make on are a direct dig at me really. They aren't going to reach the manufacturer. I arranged the deal and paid the supplier. If you want to have a go at the supplier yourself then please do feel free and I will pass on their details. I have been trying to manage this patiently but I will have to deliver an ultimatum this coming week. I am not prepared to take any stick on their behalf. Remember I have bought two of these so I have a bigger investment than most. I am pretty pissed off too and would like to see an end to it so that we can move on.

Trust me there is nothing I can tell you at the second but as soon as there is I will post it. No point posting any further questions or I shall just have to make it up I am afraid. Let me ring them tomorrow and get a final, last, absolute bottom line for us all. OK? I am not stalling you guys anywhere, I am in exactly the same boat as you, I just happen to have placed the total order.

Fingers crossed for a speedy deliver, eh?

Chris

[emoji41]

You back from France already CJ?? Leave well alone if not [emoji12]

Yes dude. Just got packed away. Lists of other things to do but they are going to have to wait. Work beckons on the morrow.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hope you all had a good time in france Chris.

OK Guys. An update.

I have had a long chat with the chap making these. He's had a pretty bad time, which is none of our business, but safe to say that I wouldn't want to have gone through that myself. Anyway. Bottom line is that they are all done and other than waiting for a small order of dome head fixings, the decks are being assembled and packaged this week for projected dispatch next week. This isn't the only order that has been delayed it seems and I have to pass on a genuine thanks from him at how patient we have all been. Interest in 80 bits is picking up and there may be more products in the pipeline but guess what - I won't be doing a group buy ha ha.

If anyone has any last minute address changes or whatever you'd better say so in the next two days. Rob - check, we have your new address. Spindrift, check you're are back from your travels. There are a couple of plates coming to me by request I think - Grant do you still want that for yours? And I think someone else asked me? No?

OK guys get ready with the spanners, we are nearly there.

Excellent news Chris.

Yes I am back, so the plate can be dispatched directly to me - I had asked you if it could be sent to you while I was away. Let me know if you need my address again.

Thanks.

There were a couple spares, one of which I put my name against, hoping that's still the case :thumbup:

Brilliant news. Mine is going to work so doesn't matter if I'm there or not lol .

Great news!!

I can't actually remember where mine is going to so it shall be a surprise!!

Cheers Grant. Sorted.

There are spares and I mentioned it to the manufacturer but you will have to buy direct from them, don't worry I will hook you up.

Hi Chris, thanks for your ongoing efforts with this.. In the time its taken for this to come through, I've decided to sell my truck due to change of plans. If anybody else is in the market for one of these please send me a message and you can buy mine off me :)

I sold one of mine too. But luckily I managed to buy another one ... Once they come through, stick it on the for sale section. No reason why it shouldn't go on at full price really.

Hi Chris,

Guess your' a tad dissapointed that the makers have let you down, and your' getting the beating off some of the members.

Gra.

Oh not really a beating Graham, people are frustrated that they have paid out and had nothing. I get that. I'm cross too. But it's not like this thing is on a back burner for me, when there is news, I post it within minutes. Asking me for an update doesn't prompt me to go and find out. I've been mailing and ringing them virtually every other day. I am really pleased that largeley people have stayed quiet, hopefully realising that progress on this has not been in my hands. I have had way more PMs of 'understanding' than anything else.

So we're good.

It's a big shame when someone goes out of their way to help others, then it all goes pear-shaped.

I hope you all get your plates soon.

Back