Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HDK C/V joints

Thanks again Gary, I will give Simon a bell on Monday.

If you come under the distant selling regulations they have to take it back. You don't have to give a reason. If it has been misdescribed as happened with Milners to me they have to pay return postage. With me the misdescription was a Toyota part photograph in the advert but a poor part coming instead. All part of a pathetic, possibly on purpose, deception. Waste of every bodies time.

Depending on how desperate you are and if you can wait 3 weeks get them from http://www.amayama.com you may or may not get hit with import duties but but they are £750 each in the UK from Simon or like I did I got 2 for less than the price of one from Amayama and thats including being hit by import duties.

Great communication and genuine parts. I did mine in August of last year so the prices cant have changed that much.

AM00167103 Aug 26, 2014 Pending payment

DescriptionAvailable
to ship
in days
QtyPrice
GBP
Sub-Total
GBP
Weight
kgs
Status
DRIVE JOINT Toyota 434056008052172.53345.063.70Pending payment
Delivery86.43
Total431.493.70

Duties where just on or under £100, hope this helps

Last edited:
Thanks Warren, that really does help.... just over £500 for the pair sounds more like it.

Just need a post 1994 VIN now so I can order the right c/v's to go with the wider flanges.... could anyone PM me theirs?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If you slightly more desperate the chap on ebay selling just about every nut and bolt from his jap import 80 is selling both cv and half shafts for £180 a side. Both Stumog and I have spoken to him and he seems a decent guy. I am sure you could have a deal with him out side of ebay if you asked and given it included the half shafts as well it may be worth a drive to him (bristol area) or maybe a member could help just to check the condition for you.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-90...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ae3e0ea44

I have an account with these guys and I have to say the service is truly first class, the quality of parts I have had (clutch assembly, associated parts) and various other 'bits and pieces' appears to be great, wherever possible I put my money their way.

Worthy of note, they keep a lot of stock but, to maintain customer satisfaction if they do not have what you want there an then but have a higher cost/quality part in stock, you will often get the better part for the same price as the part you ordered......if that makes sense? :think:

regards

Dave

If you are still looking have a look here. I have these. Duty was about a £100 and whilst it doesn't show it on the picture, it seems to have the additional length and circlip groove for different flanges. Enlarge the pic below and you can see it. The 80 uses the outer one. HTH.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Depending on how desperate you are and if you can wait 3 weeks get them from http://www.amayama.com .... Great communication and genuine parts.
I think I'm going to stick with genuine Toyota and go with a pair from Anayama too, thanks Warren.... looks like yours were the 43405-60080 C/V's, is yours none ABS?

seems to be 2 OEM part numbers depending if ABS equipped or not:
http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_199501_TOYOTA_LAND+CRUISER_HDJ80R-GNMEWW_4302.html?hl=43405

Double check with the guys who have fitted the longer types first for correct part number but reckon it will be those.
Interested to have those numbers confirmed myself as plan on picking up a set for my '93 in the summer.

Dave.
Dave, for mine I'm 99% sure it is part number 43405-60080 which is the longer (246.5mm) none ABS version, see link.

Dave, for mine I'm 99% sure it is part number 43405-60080 which is the longer (246.5mm) none ABS version, see link.

Yeah that matches what I noticed on Toyo, looks like the later/longer types without the ABS ring 43405-60080 and with the ring 43405-60070.
Probably make little difference for me as I can always swap over a ring in my case.

Seems like a lottery to if you will get pulled for import/vat. Just got a full OE clutch with all associated bearings and parts sent from OZ and went straight through customs - no charges. Other times you get hit the full whack plus paying ParcelFarce £13 for the privilege.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Dave.

Well, after a lot of deliderating and uming and aring, I finally got there.

Following Warren's advice above I ordered a pair of the later model genuine CV joints from Amayama.... £499 including import duty for the pair, excellent service and delivery time was quick.

Beats Mr Toyota's price of £1,743 for a pair.

Thanks for all the advice folks.

i-f8wzFjC.jpg

i-TRnR7n4.jpg

Why do they have those "burn" marks on them? I noticed that on my CV's last time I serviced them and I just assumed they had overheated at some point in their lives.

Why do they have those "burn" marks on them?

They are marks from the flame hardening* process Ryan. The steel balls 'run' in the grooves inside the CV there, if the surfaces weren't hardened they would wear out in no time.

*I think that's what it's called.

How do you know they are genuine?

Amayama have been trading for 11 years:-

Specializing in New Genuine Parts for Used Import Japanese Cars, Shipped Worldwide

I emailed and asked if what I was buying was genuine Toyota, they replied yes they were..... that was good enough for me.

As a general "Amayama" / import query? How does import duty get charged? Does a courier turn up with a bill? Does the courier contact you before delivery for payment?

But they're hardly going to say otherwise, are they? The fact is, the world is awash with knock-off parts (especially a huge brand like Toyota), sold as legit, in very believable boxes complete with holograms etc.

As a general "Amayama" / import query? How does import duty get charged? Does a courier turn up with a bill? Does the courier contact you before delivery for payment?
It will be ParcelFarce who deliver to you.

You will get a letter from them prior to delivery asking you to pay the duty and VAT plus clearance fee.

Once this is done, I did mine on line, they deliver your parcel..... it's a bit like a legalised version of holding someone/something to ransom.

Back