Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HDK C/V joints

But they're hardly going to say otherwise, are they?
Contrary to popular belief, not everyone in the world is out to rip you off Dave :icon-wink:

Amayama Trading is a company that is able to provide parts directly from Toyota Japan to us here in the UK or anywhere else in the world.

Last edited:
Not dealt with Amayama before but I think I'm going to give them a try for some new front window rubbers.

Would have to give Amayama a big thumbs up myself. The only time they made a mistake with an order I placed, I emailed, they replied and DHL'd the missing part to me at no extra cost.

Reason why they are (often) so much cheaper that Yota UK?

they are wholesalers/ distributors selling at non-EU trade prices; they charge a much lower mark up on goods basically that Toyota charge for one off 'man in the street' orders. Basically they buy for less from Toyota in the first place because they buy much larger quantities than your local Toyota dealership does. There is nothing dodgy in this, I see it myself; when I 'bulk buy' certain products direct from the manufacturer, the discounted price can be eyewateringly less than if purchased from the wholesaler even if in the same quantity (by eyewatering, I mean the difference between £200 and £50 for the same item, when you factor in a % mark up for sale of perhaps 100%, that means massive savings, but comparable profits. Jig it a little further, it means the business can increase its margins and still sell for less).

They are marks from the flame hardening* process

I think the process they use is Induction Hardening. It involves no flame but a targeted, shaped, cooled electrode which induces a current in the area around it (CV joint) causing it to glow red hot within seconds. But here's the clever bit, it only does it where the electrode is and leaves the rest alone. Hence, hardened ball grooves and softer outer where it needs it not to shatter.

I've had to work on one of these units and with all the high security key interlocks and high voltage stuff inside they scare the bejesus out of me but boy do they work well.

Just put a serious order into Amayama including two CVs. With £100 each for import and VAT on the CVs I've got time to psych myself up for the import bill on my lot. [emoji25]

Bat 21. Am I right in thinking that cv part number will work for my 96? It will have the longer shafts but I tore out my abs so dont need the rings.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Bat 21. Am I right in thinking that cv part number will work for my 96? It will have the longer shafts but I tore out my abs so dont need the rings.
Should do, the part number I ordered was the longer/later CV's with no ABS ring.

If it helps, the ones I ordered for my 94 HDJ81 are 43405-60080 without ABS ring and that came from my local Toyota garage tied in with the chassis number. If you go onto the Amayama site, they have a good easy to search online parts catalogue to confirm what you need. IIRC there were a few possibles and the ones I ordered were 94 onwards.

Hope this helps.

Richard

Back