Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Headlight bulbs

Hutton

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
Can anyone advise what is the best replacement headlight and fog bulb whilst staying legal?

Thanks Steve. Much appreciated.

I have very bright lights now that I fitted LED headlamp bulbs to my 60 Hutton. They were about £80 for the pair but transformed the car.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What lumen did you buy? I see there are several different options.

Ditto with the LED's. They are fantastic and i expect they reduce the draw on the wiring harness too.

Based in the UK I believe but just buying in bulk from China.
Other than a contact form there is no phone number or even a email address, I only like dealing with
company's that I can talk to via a phone

I bought the LED upgrade from Woodypeck and visitedhim where he fitted thm for me so he can't be too far from London but I can't remember where that was.

Last edited:
Hi

I can certainly recommend them. He took the time to look at what I was ordering and for what type of vechical. He then wrote to me and recommended the R3 at no extra cost.

G.

Is there an EC Approval number on any of these fancy fancy candlesticks You guys get?
Or is this not a MOT-topic?
I ask..............

My vote is to stay with halogen but use Philips extreme vision or Osram nightbreaker. Maybe upgrade the stock wiring with a relay to make sure your light bulbs get all the power they can.
I've tried HID, blinds oncoming traffic waaaayy to much.
I've tried different LEDs, and they have a good light pattern, but they "look" like they put out more light, but in fact they do not, and it is 6000k wich is way to blue-ish and strains the eyes to much if you drive all night with it.
I do have heard lots of good things from the PIAA H4 leds from the Defender boys, but they are pricy, thats why I havent tried them yet.

My vote is to stay with halogen but use Philips extreme vision or Osram nightbreaker. Maybe upgrade the stock wiring with a relay to make sure your light bulbs get all the power they can.
I've tried HID, blinds oncoming traffic waaaayy to much.
I've tried different LEDs, and they have a good light pattern, but they "look" like they put out more light, but in fact they do not, and it is 6000k wich is way to blue-ish and strains the eyes to much if you drive all night with it.
I do have heard lots of good things from the PIAA H4 leds from the Defender boys, but they are pricy, thats why I havent tried them yet.

Interesting note on the colour temperature. I thought the closer to sunlight temperature (5500k) the better. What LED lights have you tried? As they have been progressing at a tremendous rate the past few years

Looking at the specs for the Phillips Extreme Vision (https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/12972XVB1/x-tremevision-car-headlight-bulb/specifications) they output 1500 lumens. They don't say in the specification but further googling says they are at 3400k

If these the LED lights are anywhere near their specification (and I believe they are) then they should output twice as much light as the extreme vision.

Back