Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Headlights upgrade ...

Yep, those are they!

And for sure LHD units are not a good idea when driving on the left, illegal and somewhat dangerous for the unfortunates coming the other way!

As I'm LHD I didn't give that a thought for others in the UK... Oops.

have a look at this link ....... and browse thru the pics on the listing ..... you will notice that it has thos headlights i linked to fitted to it.

thought you said they were illegal in this country ??????

No comment on if they actually illegal or not, but just because you see someone doing something does not mean it is legal...

Maybe I missed something in the AD but I can't see where it says for LHD vehicles only anywhere? Aside from all the type approval cobblers, I would imagine all they have to do is pass a MOT beam alignment test. With the light being focused by the adjustable projector/reflector and not a fixed glass lens a 'legal' beam pattern is probably much easier to obtain.

Last edited:
Its a US site... pretty much guaranteed to be LHD.

As for only having to pass a pattern test that's not quite right. You can be stopped by VOSA and if your lights are not e-marked you can be in a world of pain irrespective of whether you passed an MOT with them.

Well I'm not a lawyer, but it is not unreasonable to imagine that they would be LHD units. Headlamps are usually "handed" but with HID I'm not so sure. Problem with legality (generally) is the only person that knows the answer is the law maker, and by now he/she has retired in the Bahamas having a laugh. Nobody here would know anything about beam patterns or stray lumens. You can count the cars that have all their lights working one one hand. If they're white and you can see them, they work = legal! Tee hee!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
HID are definitely handed. They have an even more tightly controlled beam than standard lights due to the need to control stray light and prevent dazzling other drivers. Badly aimed HIDs or HIDs fitted to poor quality lights are an effing nightmare when they come towards you.

I have a standard 80 headlight setup and the headlights are better han any other car I've had. I remember the MOT man jumping back when I turned them on on my first test.

Perhaps you have poor wiring?

Frank

Back