Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Heater controls

Andy Dee

Country Flag
great_britain
Hello, I have a 2001 diesel and seem to have no life at all in the heating/ air con controls. Only the clock and radio antenna switch are working. Have tried a replacement control consul but still the same. I am told there are relays behind the kick panels on both sides. I have removed these but can only see a bank of fuses on the passenger side. Would appreciate any advice on identifying the relay. Thanks

The relays are behind the panel/board where the fuses are.

Have you looked at the wiring diagram to find which fuse and plug is common to the functions that don't work? It could be just a loose plug - has there been any work done under/in the dash lately, like fitting a stereo?

Have you looked at the wiring diagram to find which fuse and plug is common to the functions that don't work? It could be just a loose plug - has there been any work done under/in the dash lately, like fitting a stereo?

Many thanks I'll have a look behind the panel tomorrow. Don't have any wiring diagrams and am not that good at reading them either I'm afraid. Have only had it a couple of months, but yes there is an after market stereo fitted by the previous owner.

Look up a diagram before You take out the bespoke panel.
I can only speak abt LHD, & it is TIGHT back there

Look up a diagram before You take out the bespoke panel.
I can only speak abt LHD, & it is TIGHT back there
You're right it is tight ! I had another look yesterday and started taking some wires out, it will be difficult to get the panel out but it would be almost impossible to get the cover off the back of it while it is in place. Why would they make it so difficult to change relays !!
There is one relay sticking out of the back of the panel that I can just about get a grip of. I suppose it would be too much to hope that it would be the one !
Cheers.

As said; I only have some experience in that area. I was fighting a non-working foglight.
There where several relays behind the panel, off the top of my head I can`t remember how many.
I worked "blind" & could only work based on supposed positions.
Remember, on these Toyotas several circutes have switched earth....
At least it threw me of track for awhile

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back