Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Height control OFF indicator won’t go off

Kieron

Country Flag
uk
Hi all
This is the first time this problem has occurred on my UK spec 2004 Amazon
I parked on a steep slope and operated the low Height Control switch. On returning to the car after I drove off instead of the Ride Height returning to its Normal position it remained in low . After a short while the orange OFF light came on my dash. I operated the OFF button by the ride height controls to no joy.
I drove home slowly as the ride was too uncomfortable above 30 mph
I tried switching the ignition on and off….no joy. But on restarting the engine each time the OFF light only appears after about a minute
I read my handbook it speaks of the OFF light flashing indicating a problem with the ride height and seek a Toyota garage . But the OFF. Is solid and not flashing
The vehicle isn’t over loaded and don’t do any form of off road use. I only ever use the low height just to make it easier to get in and out
Once again thanks to all you guys out there who often point me in the right direction with a tip
Cheers all

First thing I would do is to connect the old laptop with TechStream which you always have ready in the garage.
Otherwise, do a visual inspection of the height sensors -- could be a broken link to one of the three height sensors. They rust, or joints get stuck, and then when you move to Low or Hi, something breaks. Next is to check electrical connections of sensors.
If sensors OK - could be a faulty valve (or connection to), faulty pump, or a leak.

Thanks for that ill do some further investigation

Hi would remember where and which fuse it was as I could manage that . Cheers and thanks for your help

Sorry for late reply I’m in Vietnam at the moment
It’s the fuse box on passenger side near ahc tank they are marked it’s red I think

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This the fuse box

Attachments

• 0B26FED9-D725-4E88-8088-8CB7E79F1CAF.png
    0B26FED9-D725-4E88-8088-8CB7E79F1CAF.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
Many thanks for that ill investigate tomorrow and report back . What are you doing in Vietnam?

Halon bay . My daughter used to live in Vietnam , now she lives in Malaysia so having a bit of a nostalgic tour

Kieron, if that 50A fuse is fubar'd on your vehicle, I can let you have my old one which i know is ok.
When I deleted my AHC recently, I removed the AHC pump/reservoir and that fuse.
When the weather improves I'll be removing all the other AHC components from under the vehicle.
PM me if I can help... the fuse is yours if you need it.

On closer inspection today . I tested the fuses and relays but hey simples a leaking hydraulic pipe and the reservoir was empty . I put some fluid in and hey presto light went out OFF which was flashing. It moved into normal position but the reservoir emptied and I saw some smoke with the bonnet open. It must be a hydraulic pipe passing fluid onto the engine or exhaust

I've booked it in for next week to be sorted oh and another £100 of Toyota best hydraulic fluid

Back