Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello all

KJM

Country Flag
england
Hi to everyone...

Big thanks to Joinerman for recommending this site... It is a lot more active than the other!

I am considering an 80 series for 3trips per year to Sweden, not true over landing as it is on Tarmac, but a few gravel roads over there as well as snow.

currently driving a 2003 VW passat 4motion which returns late 20's mpg on a run so used to this fuel economy.

J-man I changed my username on this site to avoid any confusion:icon-biggrin: In hind sight previous name was not good!!!!

safe travels to all

Kevin

You found us ok then kevin, there's life here unlike the " other " forum, as i said in my text my 80 is for sale but not till i find my next car, can send some pics & info if your interested, you'll have to pm me your email as i can not seem to get pics into a pm.

Welcome Kevin. I always like to know where folks are from, so I would would kindly ask you to fill in your location in your profile. Just nosey that's all! :icon-biggrin:

So, what are you after? 80 TD (HDJ) or a petrol? Manual or auto? They're all out there :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi joinerman , Andy , Clive

I have updated location as requested.

I am after aUK (diff locks -better to have and not need than need and not have) 80 4.2 TD With Air con and cruise control. Don't mind Auto or Manual- nothing too modified.

Being a newbie I don't know if this spec is available? :confusion-confused:

Kevin

I am after aUK (diff locks -better to have and not need than need and not have) 80 4.2 TD With Air con and cruise control. Don't mind Auto or Manual- nothing too modified.

Kevin

Sorry Kevin, after reading my post it sounded quite rude telling you to declare your location. Didn't mean it like that. :oops:

Yep, the others will verify your spec available and much more!

Good luck:icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
Clive

No problem-I did not think it was Rude :icon-biggrin:

Kevin

hi buddy welcome.
somebody else in the west country. i used to live in gloucester lots of good offroading around you.miss it alot.
stu

Welcome to the forum Kevin, there's lots of helpful information and folk on here.
I am considering an 80 series for 3trips per year to Sweden, not true over landing as it is on Tarmac, but a few gravel roads over there as well as snow.

currently driving a 2003 VW passat 4motion which returns late 20's mpg on a run so used to this fuel economy.
I wouldn't discount a 100 series for this use, the independent front suspension gives a smoother ride, still has the fantastic 4.2 and they're starting to become affordable.

Kevin

Agh well forget mine then kevin, it's an import with no front & rear difflocks.

Hej Dave

You are almost local by Swedish standards on the route from Malmö to Örebro- my beloved's home town.

Kevin

Hi Stumog

Where abouts are you in the West Country?

K

Back