Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello All !

Jimmyarm

Hi Everybody :)

Now I have purchased a 95 I feel I should introduce myself !

I'm a MOT tester & spanner monkey by trade at the moment, mid thirties and live in Winchester.

I'll get a couple of pics of the new beast at the weekend if we go for a jaunt :)

She is a 2001 95 VX, I believe a face-lift but with the older engine.

A little bit different to the 1.0l 3 door, faded red corsa I've been driving for the past 18 months !

First job is to work out which All Terrain tyres to put on her, then find some time to fix a small rattle and give her a full service with all the driveline oils.

o/

Well done on the truck!

Are you planning on getting it muddy?

Welcome Jimmy, from my experience you can't go wrong with the BFG's that said there's not much to choose between the premium AT's but the BFG's tend to wear best and are tough on the trail.
I've just got my first 95 as well, ( the black one) and I like it.

Another 95 in the club! :dance: Mines a 2000 facelift older engine one too - Welcome to the world of cruisers :)

Well played Jimmy tough trucks these but just so you are aware the cooling system in 1kz-te should be maintained well , i think most of us have replaced the rad and thermostat just for peace of mind .

Thanks guys :)

BFG K02's going on tomorrow, went 265/75 R16 after a bit of research on here. Hopefully get a few Bob back from the tyres on there as they are still OK, but Dunlop on the back and Nexens on the front annoy me !

Rad is on my job list as it's the original one.

No plans to get it too muddy just yet, maybe a bit of gentle laning once the weather improves :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
20160124_163742.jpg

Promised a picture !

First outing completed today, only 50 mile round trip but 4 adults, 2 kids and 2 dogs :)

Why anyone buys a discovery is beyond me after having driven this for a week..

Needs the wheel alignment sorting out, add to list !

Yes !

I haven't gone much over 65mph since I fitted them but haven't noticed any difference to the road biased tyres that were on there before.

I had mud terrains on a disco mk1 a few years ago and they were horrific on a motorway trip and kind of expected some noise given the tread pattern on the KO2's but nothing as far as I can hear !

KO's are very quiet, have to be the quietest tyre's I have had on a 4x4, certainly as quiet as road tyres in my opinion.

Nice looking truck Jim, nice boots, nice colour and already putting that 'cruiser grin' on your face by the sound of it. Well done, good find. [emoji4]

Nice truck, good choice of tyres.

I'm after some 305/75/16s, for the 80, but I recon I'll have to import them.:doh:

Back