Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello and glad to be here

melmonta

Country Flag
united_states
My name is Mel Montagne and I have a 1995 with about 185,000 miles on it. I have not done any modifications to her but she is showing her age.
My plans are to keep her rolling forever, this is the best vehicle that I have ever owned.
I have no 4x4 experience and she is more of a daily driver . Albeit since we live on an island we do not take her on long trips such as to the mainland.
I just got had the ABS light come on and I need to identify which sensor has gone wrong
hoping someone can help and help as well to replace.
Thanks again and glad to be here.

Welcome Mel, it might help if you told us the model but at a guess its an 80 series gas 4.5?
ABS problems can vary from open circuit somewhere ( broken wire/ bad plug) to component failure.

Welcome to the forum Mel, 1995 was a good year by my experience :icon-wink:.

I don't have ABS on my Euro spec truck, but I've heard that the sensor at the hub gets crudded-up (if that's an internationally recognized expression - dirty) and that can trip a fault.

I have no idea of the job to clean it, but some searches on here should reveal some info. I'm sure that @Chris has posted on this very subject in the past.

Good luck.

Welcome Mel, good to have you aboard. There's quite a few folks on here have the same view as you on their trucks. The sure thing is that you've come to the right place to be able to look after her in her advancing years. More info on your truck plus photos (we love photos on here) would be a good start. Pop all your details in your signature line like others do and that helps when we have questions to answer.

Best wishes
Rich

Back