Hello everyone!

Aimass

Country Flag
canada
Hi all,

My introduction per the template:

Name: Alejandro Imass (Alex for short)
Cruiser: 1987 HJ60, 445K Kilometres
Mods: (Not done by me) Small leaf lift, 31 tires, under body protection plates, custom fenders, custom bumpers.
Plans: Un-doing past-owners disc brake conversion and transfer brake back to OEM drums, end-to-end mechanical revision and renewal to OEM standards, end-to-end electrical revision and undo some silly electrical mods and maybe modernize some things with aid of modern technologies such as Arduino, Raspberry PI, etc.
4x4 Experience: Medium-level real-world experience, real life voluntary rescue/emergency experience.

Short bio: Electronic Engineering background, first in Control Engineering later Software Engineering till present. Passionate 1980s Land Cruiser Owner previously 1985 FJ60 / 2F in Venezuela, medium-level real life off-road experience and voluntary rescue/emergency service (floods, fires, rescue, etc.). Recently acquired a 1987 HJ60 / 2H in Toronto, Canada. Enthusiastic about Biodiesel and MVO and planning to experiment with either or both. Good mechanical knowledge and experience, basic metals and soldering experience, basic body work and overall moderately skilled backyard mechanic. Interested in helping to keep the classic Land Cruiser line by networking with other owners and collaborate to keeps the parts flowing and even willing to explore/invest in collaborative fabrication (open source style, 3D printing, etc.) if others are interested.

Cheers!
Alex

Hi Alex, fantastic intro and sounds like you are a 'maker of things' like me. Good to have you on board and look forward to seeing some photos of the truck (and you if you wish) once you have made 15 posts on here.

Best wishes,

Richard

Just seen that you are in Toronto, I have folks in Brampton, visited a few times, and toured a tiny bit around Canada for our honeymoon. Love the country, fantastic people.

Last edited:
Just seen that you are in Toronto, I have folks in Brampton, visited a few times, and toured a tiny bit around Canada for our honeymoon. Love the country, fantastic people.

Thanks for the warm welcome Richard. Hope to contribute and excited to be here!

Alex

Welcome Alex,

I have cousins live on Île Bigras, Laval, QC. I visited them 39 yrs ago, just looked on Google earth it looks exactly as I remember it :) Shame I couldn't drive back then, would love to overland Canada one day!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Great intro man. Respect. I'm sure you'll cobble together a prize taker HJ60. Looking forward to reading about your progress.

Cheers.

Welcome indeed, with an intro like that you'll go far on this forum. I like 60's and will watch your posts with interest.

Welcome Alex, great intro and "real life"? That beats all us who go out just to get muddy and stuck!

Looking forward to your posts and stories :thumbup:
Please don't forget photos when the forum lets you (after about 15 posts) :banana-gotpics:

Back