Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello, from Alberta, Canada

Kgraham

Country Flag
canada
Hey Everyone,

Just joined this group, as it looks like a great resource for what lies ahead for me. I have a 1987 BJ71 that was my daily driver until 4 years ago, the transmission bearings went on it. Didn’t have the resources to pour a bunch in to it at the time, and a pickup truck was better suited to the type of work I was doing. Sadly, the cruiser got parked outside, and there it sat for the past four years. It’s in pretty rough shape now, but i’d Like to restore it to its former glory. A little help from some folks with a bit more experience will be greatly appreciated!

Looking forward to getting the BJ running again. It’s got about 230000Km on it so I’m sure it’s got plenty of life left in it.

Hi mate, And welcome, There is a world of Knowledge here, regarding Land Cruisers (Somewhere)..Im sure you'll get the help you need, There are threads on here somewhere if you search in 70 series regarding rebuilds. Oh! and everyone likes pictures,:thumbup: Where are you in Canada. (big place).. I back packed from Toronto to Vancouver In 1995, (Again, Big place)

Hi mate, And welcome, There is a world of Knowledge here, regarding Land Cruisers (Somewhere)..Im sure you'll get the help you need, There are threads on here somewhere if you search in 70 series regarding rebuilds. Oh! and everyone likes pictures,:thumbup: Where are you in Canada. (big place).. I back packed from Toronto to Vancouver In 1995, (Again, Big place)

Hey, thanks for the warm welcome. I live out in the country near to a little town in east central Alberta called Wainwright. I’ll try and get some photos up soon! Chances to take photos are limited with the days getting awfully short here in the great white north.

75B4090F-1EFC-46BC-A027-119114682094.jpeg
P.S. cool bike in your profile pic! What is it? The other ongoing project I have is a 1979 Suzuki GS550 that’s becoming sort of a brat/tracker over time.

Hi and Welcome KG. The closest I’ve been to you was Calgary in 2000 but I’ve visited Canada a few times as I’ve got folks dotted about over there. My wife wants to revisit in 2020 which is fine by me as Canada is a great place.

There’s a ton of info on here and @Ben in Australia is probably the 70 series guru.

Good luck with your restoration, take loads of pics and do a thread on here as we would love to see it progress.

Best wishes
Rich

View attachment 151104
P.S. cool bike in your profile pic! What is it? The other ongoing project I have is a 1979 Suzuki GS550 that’s becoming sort of a brat/tracker over time.
Its an on going XS 400 Yam... I bought it about 6yrs ago. it came in pieces in 6 boxes.. some bits weren't even Yamaha.. when iv got time I just tinker with it... the tank is Honda rear wheel Suzuki, You get the picture...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi and welcome you have got to love the old 40s we would like pics from Tony

Back