Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

hello from Bromley

cmcmill01

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Hi,
So I have finally got my hands on my Father-in-laws truck, don't worry he is still alive.
It is a 1993 Land Cruiser VX Auto Station wagon with the 4.5L 1FZ-FE engine and a Japanese import.
The father in Law only really used it in the bad weather, its been a great job in the snow the last couple of winters but didn't get much use during the summer, so I have taken it off his hands.
I have attached a few pictures below, it is a surpise for a car of this age to have a cd player and also has this cleanAce stuck to the ceiling, anybody know what it does?
So mods, took the 3rd row of seats out over the weekend!!! Thats about it so far, I really want to get it checked out first, make sure it is a good base to mod before spending money.
Plans will be to use it as a camping base, to speed up the whole arrive at campsite and get settled in. Would love to get one of those family roof top tents but not sure they take 2 adults and 3 kids (which are getting bigger).
Planned mods would be dual battey, invertor, plus electic hook up, upgraded sus, and drawer system in the back, anybody recess a gas stove in the drop down back door??? And obviously a snorkel to drive to the shops.
Big plan would be to drive to India in the school hols 1-way I think.
Enough rambling - look out for a mountain of questions.
cheers
Craig

Attachments

• 17-DSC06400.JPG
    17-DSC06400.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 19-DSC06402.JPG
    19-DSC06402.JPG
    205.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 18-DSC06401.JPG
    18-DSC06401.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 16-DSC06399.JPG
    16-DSC06399.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 06-DSC06389.JPG
    06-DSC06389.JPG
    198.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 02-DSC06416.JPG
    02-DSC06416.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 05-DSC06419.JPG
    05-DSC06419.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 62
  • 01-DSC06415.JPG
    01-DSC06415.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 81
Hey Craig, welcome along to the forum - nice intro dude :icon-cool:

Nice way to acquire a truck from within the family & good to hear your father in law is making a full recovery!!!

We'll all be interested in seeing how your develop the truck from where it is now - looks a good start from a distance; there's plenty of threads about rust treatment on here... :icon-wink:

You might be asking a bit much from a roof tent for 5 of you unless you like being cosy :lol:

Let the fun begin - you're at the top of the slippery slope now; see you at the bottom in a bit!!!

Last edited:
Gav,
Yep, need to look at the rust treatment, might go up to this Overland show hopefully to have a look at these tents and what other options there are.

Have a look for Jon Wildsmiths thread re a big old roof tent - unfortunately for you, he's just sold it!!!

Welcome Craig, nice looking truck that is a good colour scheme. I've got one of those air cleaner things in an import 80 myself and would be interested to know its function and how it works.
Like Gav says. slippery slope!! I met Gav when he landed out of the chute on to where I just landed:lol:
Keep us posted.

Andy

Welcome and nice 80.
Pure petrol or gas?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome Craig, nice looking truck that is a good colour scheme. I've got one of those air cleaner things in an import 80 myself and would be interested to know its function and how it works.
Like Gav says. slippery slope!! I met Gav when he landed out of the chute on to where I just landed:lol:
Keep us posted.

Andy
Will do, hopefully it won't be a money pit!

Welcome and nice 80.
Pure petrol or gas?
Just petrol at moment, but planning to add gas, think there is a guy down in Medway who does it.

Have a look for Jon Wildsmiths thread re a big old roof tent - unfortunately for you, he's just sold it!!!
Yep, looks like a great roof tent, have one of the Vango Airbeams at the moment which speeds up the camping, but to be able to flip out a roof tent, that would be cool and handy

Back