Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from Geneve, Switzerland

Thong_75

Hello to you all,

I am considering to buy a Land Cruiser 3.0 D-4D SOL (engine KDJ120L-GKPEYW). it has done 133k km. They asked for 22.000 CHF.

I would like to know what are the major problems with this model.

Any advice would be welcome!

Thanks alot in advance.

Thong

Hi and welcome to the forum.

About the 120, there is currently a recall out in the UK for faulty injector washers. If not addressed you could be looking at a new engine... There was also a front calliper issue as well. I'll let someone else tell you more as I more of an 80 person. BTW that is not the engine code, its the vehicle code ;)

Thanks Rob for correction.

The data on this Land cruiser are Land Cruiser 3.0 KDJ120. It has 8 seats.

The owner told me that this Land Cruiser was made in 2003.

Thong

Probably not a good idea to post the vehicle VIN on here, I would edit your post if I were you. For reference engine is 1KDFTV and model is KDJ120. Search the 120 section for more info on the issues I mentioned.

I spent all this day going throught the 120 series section. I undestand that the recall relates to engine from June,2004 Through October,2007. But this was made in 2003. Should I be afraid of that problem?

Take a look at this thread viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12285

Mine had the recall done and they did stuff......

Not had any other issues really, apart from a water pump needing to be replaced, but I would say that is not a common issue at all.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If the car sounds like a bag of spanners then walk away. Not a common problem, just something that you should keep an eye on.

Back